Free agents.?......

16 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Anichebe hasn't turned up anywhere yet. I wondered about him earlier in the summer.

Might be worth a short term deal, if we did go to a lone striker option there is only Fletcher who can do it in our squad 

Great shout. Anichebe would be great at holding the ball up for us while he's in the treatment room. Worse injury record than Jeffers 

You never know with free agents.... three years ago most Huddersfield fans were glad to see the back of Scott Arfield when he was released and his only offer on the table was from Southend before a then "skint" Burnley offered him a trial.

He impressed and has enjoyed two promotions and a season in the PL after being tossed on the scrapheap by the Terriers.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

So could a player resign from his club to join another club?

I suppose he could pay his contract off (or someone else could) and get his club to release him, thus becoming a free agent.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Surely both parties to a players contract would have to agree any buyout, thereby stopping any dodgy dealing ?

Yes, when I said 'get his club to release... ' I sort of meant 'persuade his club to release... '

Edited by OxonOwl

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

So could a player resign from his club to join another club?

No in that case he'd have to wait until January 1. Anyone released from September til then can't sign for anyone else.

Also I'm fairly certain that the free agent window used to follow the emergency loan window, so that means from Sept 8 to the 3rd Thursday of Nov

10 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

You never know with free agents.... three years ago most Huddersfield fans were glad to see the back of Scott Arfield when he was released and his only offer on the table was from Southend before a then "skint" Burnley offered him a trial.

He impressed and has enjoyed two promotions and a season in the PL after being tossed on the scrapheap by the Terriers.

Could be worse-could have a glittering career playing at Wednesday and then end up at Roverum. lol