Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

It's Over

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 TodwickOwl

TodwickOwl

First Team Player

• Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Deal with it.

Mistakes during Megson's reign have ultimately cost us.

But to draw away at Colchester at such an important part of the season is unforgivable.

First half performances, Huddersfield aside, in the last 5 or so games have been nothing shy of awful - we don't come out the traps quick enough.

#2 KivoOwl

KivoOwl

GOAT LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,189 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Deal with it.

But to draw away at Colchester at such an important part of the season is unforgivable.

First half performances, Huddersfield aside, in the last 5 or so games have been nothing shy of awful - we don't come out the traps quick enough.

You mean winning 13 out of 15 points?

#3 @owlstalk

@owlstalk

First Team Player

• Sheffield Wednesday FC
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

to draw away at Colchester at such an important part of the season is unforgivable.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#4 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

flip me, you always get some reight self harmers come out after a defeat. only we havent even lost this time.

yes we are 4 points behind the pigs, yes autos are unlikely, but the rest of the OP is hysterical bullshit

#5 Briscoe Inferno

Briscoe Inferno

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Maybe it's the kick up the arse at the right time to focus on going all out until the end of May?

Maybe it's answered a few questions of certain player[s] for Dave Jones?

#6 full fathom five

full fathom five

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,090 posts

Deal with it.

f@@k off tailface

#7 TodwickOwl

TodwickOwl

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

You mean winning 13 out of 15 points?

It's ultimately cost us today - another pap first half performance.

#8 royalowlisback

royalowlisback

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Deal with it.

Chill out, have a vvank - but don't come back.

#9 viva hate

viva hate

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Deal with it.

lol how many games have Colchester drawn recently?

Edited by viva hate, 14 April 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#10 camffiti

camffiti

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

UriPython.jpg

#11 brian joicey

brian joicey

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Deal with it.

W T F ???????!!!!!!!!!!

#12 OutandOutOwl

OutandOutOwl

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

As much as it hurts, it hurts because it is them that are going to be getting automatic unless a big turnaround happens.

It is them who will be sat on their sofas with a bag of popcorn as we fight it out, them having promotion in the bag.

We need to win the playoffs. To blow it would be a travesty, particularly when we won't have players like Batth, Antonio etc next season

#13 Barnowl2

Barnowl2

Youth Team Player

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hope pigs approach last 3 games thinking it all over - they may get a suprise

#14 sonofbert2

sonofbert2

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

flip me, you always get some reight self harmers come out after a defeat. only we havent even lost this time.

yes we are 4 points behind the pigs, yes autos are unlikely, but the rest of the OP is hysterical bullshit

:laugh:

#15 DeeeeeJ

DeeeeeJ

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

United are 2nd in the league.

4 weeks ago they drew 1-1 with Colchester down there.

It's hardly the easiest place to go.

#16 B.A Baracus

B.A Baracus

AGM Man Fan Club Member 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,759 posts

Glad you've got hammered so far on this thread todwick.

You talk absolute rumbleing rubbish.

#17 lanzaroteowl

lanzaroteowl

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Total drama queen, and blaming the manager who got us to within touching distance of automatics is just plain b@llocks. ThereĀ“s still a lot to be played for.

#18 AMB1867

AMB1867

a bit of a sad loser, really

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

This is why I hate Owlstalk - Too many different subjects on the SAME thing.

It isn't over, but god damn it, we need things to go our way next weekend.

Chip up, it's only football.

#19 Daz

Daz

WEDNESDAYITE DIRECTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

You know what - this is utter crap.

A point at Colchester is a decent point most of the time - we're on a great run, looking like one of the best teams in the league and playing some good attacking football. Whilst I hate saying it, and it's not over just yet, the pigs have rose to the challenge - amazingly winning their last 6 games on the bounce - and there's nothing we can do about that - if they go up - they deserve to - if they are in 2nd place after 46 games.

We're in so much better shape than this time last year - we might sneak automatics - if not, our 3rd place is poles apart from other play-off teams - and no disrespect to those teams, but if we play reasonably well, we will be too good for the other contenders - and so have a great chance of getting promotion this season.

So why all the doom and gloom - we've had a great season overall - and even if we don't go up this season - no-one can tell me we are not on our way back - and next season will see us even stronger - possibly even another 8-10 points better off than this season if we (worst case) stay in this league.

We're scoring, having fun, winning much more than we lose and seeing some exciting players putting on the shirt.

Patience - and it will come - I'm certain. So, enjoy it and get behind them - I actually feel no pressure - because we will have our time in the very near future.

#20 Starling35

Starling35

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Next week when we win and the pigs mess up at MK it'll be game on again again. 9 more points to play for. Believe.

#21 Manila_Owl

Manila_Owl

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Deal with it.

So mistakes by Megson have cost us.
The team drawing today has cost us.
And DJ's tactics in the last 5 matches have also cost us.

Nice balanced opinion. Roger me.

#22 gurujuan

gurujuan

Black Cloud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Excellent post Daz, thats exactly how I feel Even the worst case scenario would not be the end of the world

#23 Bobs Brain Tonic

Bobs Brain Tonic

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Beat Carlisle at Hillsborough, they lose to MK, win at Brentford to go 2 points ahead, watch them bottle it on Sky after against Stevenage, both of us win on last day meaning it all turns out well - that's probably 100% happening.

#24 twolaptops

twolaptops

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Beat Carlisle at Hillsborough, they lose to MK, win at Brentford to go 2 points ahead, watch them bottle it on Sky after against Stevenage, both of us win on last day meaning it all turns out well - that's probably 100% happening.

This is still possible. Fingers crossed.

#25 mum

mum

Youth Team Player

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Deal with it.

Are you my dad in disguise?? Only difference is you've not put skin flint Milan needs to sell up in the summer like he said today!!

#26 OWLSGAZ

OWLSGAZ

ToutLAD

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Over game over

#27 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

i can picture the poor kid with some safety scissors frantically trying to get his vein, while at the same time searching for a strong enough beam while he types this boll0x. ten points clear in third, and have only dropped 4 points in Jones reign and this is how he reacts?

#28 Manila_Owl

Manila_Owl

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

We should have just gone in to administration. Hate these unbeaten runs and exciting football...

Grrrr.

#29 Bluesteel

Bluesteel

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,928 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Colchester away would usually be a half decent point.

We set ourselves a tall order. The 4 losses earlier after January were unforgivable in hindsight.

#30 wilyfox

wilyfox

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,016 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

we're unbeaten in 11 games and still going...could hardly have asked for more. we went into the derby on the back of 3 straight defeats, and were 5 points behind with United having 2 games in hand; let's be honest, we thought it was all over then. we used our share of good luck in getting that lead overturned. once on terms, we needed to earn it for ourselves from that point on; against Walsall and Colchester, we've been that little bit short. fair play to United, they've matched us point for point in recent weeks despite our pressure. we could clear 90 points and still not go up automatically; has that even happened before with 3 teams exceeding 90 points? if so, i can't remember...

#31 fife_owl

fife_owl

Milky Bar Kid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

A point at Colchester is a decent point most of the time - we're on a great run, looking like one of the best teams in the league and playing some good attacking football. Whilst I hate saying it, and it's not over just yet, the pigs have rose to the challenge - amazingly winning their last 6 games on the bounce - and there's nothing we can do about that - if they go up - they deserve to - if they are in 2nd place after 46 games.

We're in so much better shape than this time last year - we might sneak automatics - if not, our 3rd place is poles apart from other play-off teams - and no disrespect to those teams, but if we play reasonably well, we will be too good for the other contenders - and so have a great chance of getting promotion this season.

So why all the doom and gloom - we've had a great season overall - and even if we don't go up this season - no-one can tell me we are not on our way back - and next season will see us even stronger - possibly even another 8-10 points better off than this season if we (worst case) stay in this league.

We're scoring, having fun, winning much more than we lose and seeing some exciting players putting on the shirt.

Patience - and it will come - I'm certain. So, enjoy it and get behind them - I actually feel no pressure - because we will have our time in the very near future.

Top post.

In fact, I'll make it the last one I read tonight!!

#32 TaxiMark

TaxiMark

Robbing dog!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,052 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Deal with it.

Just thought I'd let you know they have Drew against Us, Pigs, Hudders, and won Charlton away 2-0, err your logic is laughable

#33 Liamswfc92

Liamswfc92

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I still believe we can get 2nd place. It isn't over but I'm preparing myself for the play-offs.

#34 JohnFantham

JohnFantham

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Spot on Daz, don't you just get sick of the moaners!

#35 greggo1867

greggo1867

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

We look very likely to reach 90 points this season. Most seasons that would be enough to go up, so I can't see how anybody can lay into either of the managers we've had this season - they've both played their part in what would ordinarily be a very successful season. Which it may still turn out to be. OP is talking utter drivel. We've two home games and a tricky trip to Brentford, the pigs have got to play two teams who between them scored nine goals and conceded none away from home today, and an Exeter side who've turned us over three times out of four.

It's over when the mathematics say so. Not now.

#36 phshaw

phshaw

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

That is a brilliant post Darryl. Although I think it is quite possible for the Blades to lose at MKD and draw against Stevenage, if they do hold off our challenge then we just have to hold our hands up. I would expect us to win the playoffs but even if we don't, we are on the way back that is for sure. When we got relegated in 1970 and 2000 we knew we were fooked. In 1990 we all knew we would come straight back. So I agree there is every reason to be positive; I just know that it'll be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end!!

#37 CowshedLad

CowshedLad

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

United are 2nd in the league.

4 weeks ago they drew 1-1 with Colchester down there.

It's hardly the easiest place to go.

We won 5-0 there... Just sayin.

#38 Blueblood

Blueblood

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

flip me. I missed the memo from the FA that said the season does today

#39 Blueblood

Blueblood

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

But dropped too many points everywhere else. Just saying

#40 mikecass919

mikecass919

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

What a fool this guy is, a point away at Colchester is a very good result and we could have won it if Ranger had bagged and Antonio's goal stood.

I wasn't at the game today but listened to it and it sounded like we wern't at our best. I do believe we are tired after playing so well for so long. It sounded like Antonio had another quiet game, his third on the trot.

I can't believe how fickle this guy is. Yes I do believe our chances of automatic promotion are over, I don't believe United are gonna loose twice, but we were always gonna drop points somewhere along the lines, and a point down in London isn't bad.

I think the biggest mistake of the season was not letting Megson go a couple of weeks earlier, and I said that at the time.

Definitely going up in the play-offs though, and we getta go to Wembly.

#41 DeeeeeJ

DeeeeeJ

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Point proved.

What a funny league it is.

Edited by DeeeeeJ, 14 April 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#42 Ash_SWFC

Ash_SWFC

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

OP is clearly a rumbleing bag head

#43 TodwickOwl

TodwickOwl

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

You know how bad it's got when you say it's a good point away from home.

Do you think the other teams which lost there thought 'oh well, that was a difficult game'. It's ******* Colchester - not a top 6 team.

We had to win every game - we haven't, that's that.

#44 CowshedLad

CowshedLad

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

You know how bad it's got when you say it's a good point away from home.

Do you think the other teams which lost there thought 'oh well, that was a difficult game'. It's ******* Colchester - not a top 6 team.

We had to win every game - we haven't, that's that.

You are quite thick aren't you?

You must have been suicidle the year you were relegated. roger me.

#45 TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev

Team Manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

You are quite thick aren't you?

You must have been suicidle the year you were relegated. roger me.

Alright Cowshedlad, what's the general feeling down at MK heading into the playoffs? Confident?

Also how are you playing at present, could really do with a MASSIVE favour from you guys on Saturday.

#46 Raygun

Raygun

First Team Player

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Deal with it.

Which must make our lads....

Unforgiven.

Good film btw.

#47 Owling Wolfe

Owling Wolfe

Reserve Team Player

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I thought Cardiffowl (aka Captain Negative) was bad yesterday but it seems his miserable attitude has moved north to Todwick (Captain Morbid). If somebody had told me we would still be in with a shout of auto's with three games left having already secured third I would have either laughed so loud I fell off my seat or snatched their hand off. This season, promotion or not, has been so much better. I remember us going down from top tiere and have watched us crawl along with no real hope of anything better. Now I can see a future for Wednesday, whether it be this season or next. If we end up in play offs then we are strong enough to go up if we play like we can. The difference with Wednesday is that we have players coming into form at the right time. Llera is playing out of his skin, Antonio has a point to prove, as does Ranger. Semedo is magic, Batth is superb. I fancy our chances to be one of the few teams that finish third then go up in play offs. 9 points to play for and 4 behind second, disgraceful isn't it, GET REAL YOU MISERABLE GITS.

Edited by Owling Wolfe, 15 April 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#48 Animal

Animal

The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be The Strength You Feel Tomorrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,195 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

It ain't over until that letter P is next to the team who's in second place. C'mon owls!!!!

#49 asteener1867

asteener1867

Board Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,681 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Theres not a lot more The Owls could have done last couple of months...United have had a great run, as have Wednesday.
The way both are playing at the minute theres no fear of anyone in the play offs..over 2 games i can't see on current form any other team beating us..or even United should they falter..
Its been a great season after the last bugger..lets be honest,. We all want it straight away and we are an ace away from doing it.
I'm upset we seem to have let The Blades get away..but i'm not despondent...Wednesday are playing good football,,,its good to watch...i'm enjoying watching it, ive renewed me season ticket with more confidence in the whole set up than ive had for years....
I hope the rest behind us simply jockey for play off positions..get out of the habit of needing to win...then meet us...cos that will come as one big fookin' shock to the system

#50 Utah Owl

Utah Owl

Homesick Owl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,332 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Well said Hawkeye!