Team for Stoke

Apparently they were absolutely wee wee poor against Sunderland, even before the sending off. So we're either playing them at the best time (hitting a bad run of form) or the worst (wounded animal...etc).

We'll win regardless, of course.

0-1

Bus to come on and score the winner from a yard out. 

Guest wilyfox

Reckon it'll be near as dammit we can get to our side that dumped Arsenal out. So, Bannan is the question. Will he be ready? If not, I'd hope for Lopez or McGugan alongside Lee & Hutch in the middle.

Apparently Stoke have been playing quite narrow, so we need to exploit the wings as best we can. I'm guessing that's why Hunt was rested yesterday. I'd be tempted to push Pudil further up the pitch, to give us the extra presence out wide coupled with better defensive capability.

Wildsmith

Wiggins

Sasso

Lees

Hunt

Pudil

Hutchinson

McGugan

Wallace

Joao

Hooper

Edited by MrEdwards

Apparently Stoke have been playing quite narrow, so we need to exploit the wings as best we can. I'm guessing that's why Hunt was rested yesterday. I'd be tempted to push Pudil further up the pitch, to give us the extra presence out wide coupled with better defensive capability.

Wildsmith

Wiggins

Sasso

Lees

Hunt

Pudil

Hutchinson

McGugan

Wallace

Joao

Hooper

Sasso? McGugan won't start - really think he will be on his way out here. Lopez has more chance ...

If Semedo starts we will be in trouble

It will be the best team possible, minus Westwood. 

Bannan was damn close to contention yesterday. Half an eye on Tuesday probably ensured he got an extra few days of recovery. Turner close to. Think this will come a little too soon for Matias though. Derby is doable for him though. 

We will be giving this our best shot. We have knocked two PL sides out so far & are taking 4k to a quarter final game where we face a good Stoke side, but not an unbeatable Stoke side. In fact, they just lost to an awful Sunderland side. Had 10 men, sure. But they were awful before the sending off. They also have City coming up at the weekend at home but this is a cup they are probably desperate to win considering they're not playing for much else. We go into this with no pressure. We've exceeded expectations in this competition. One cracking day out at Newcastle, one unbelievable win at home to Arsenal. 

All we can do is try our best & CC will not take us into this game with a weak first 11. It's not going to be Newcastle whole sale changes! If CC didn't care about this competition we wouldn't have played the team which we did vs Arsenal. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

I think he'll go

Wildsmith

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Hutch

Lee

Bannan

Helan

Joao

I'd agree with this, unless Bannon is not fit enough or isn't to be risked. In which case it's a choice between Lopez and McGugan.

I don't accept any of this CC doesn't trust/like McGugan nonsense. I think he'll get the nod, but I'm hoping for Bannan.

more important game at the weekend and we know he struggles with 2 games a week ....

He really doesn't though. 

Only time he's been rested for Tuesday games this season have been where a lot of players have been rested (Mansfield, Oxford, Newcastle). The league Tuesday games and Arsenal, where he's played the Saturday before and after too, you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at him that he's knee is made of biscuit. He runs more than most & very rarely looks tired or looks like he's struggling.

He's managing his knee very well this season. In fact. He's managed his dodgy knee very well full stop since coming here. Can only remember him being out due to that knee, for an extended period of time, once. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

I'd agree with this, unless Bannon is not fit enough or isn't to be risked. In which case it's a choice between Lopez and McGugan.

I don't accept any of this CC doesn't trust/like McGugan nonsense. I think he'll get the nod, but I'm hoping for Bannan.

Don't agree on McGugan - something isn't quite right, with Bannnan, Hutch and Lopez not fit he should be featuring .. But he just isn't.

Semedo isn't good enough and I am sure a coach of CC's ability can see that too.