liam palmer

Palmer is a decent Championship RB, nothing more, nothing less, good squad player.

Vermijl is potentially a Premiership RB.

Personally I think Liam is a good player who will improve this season further or given his age he should improve season on season.

I hope different coaching will let him make strides forward.  I see him as a midfielder personally and hope he can make an impression there.

He is a local kid and also a Wednesdayite.  Why do we always slag our own off so much makes me despair.

Vermijl is just potential at the moment, looked shaky last season, but give him time to settle and I also think he can be an asset.

This surely can't be a serious post? Constantly caught out of position. Doesn't close down wingers. Allows crosses constantly into the box. Backs off when a player is running at him and actually allows an attacker into the area before even considering making a challenge. Palmer got away with it so much last season and that was pretty much mainly down to Westwood making his erros not stand out. Attacking he offers pretty much nothing too. I know I'm being harsh but he just isn't good enough for where we are now, and definitely isn't good enough for where we want to go. I think some fans have blue and white specs in when it comes to him because he came through our youth system. Vermijl didn't look up to much but he has probably only played 10 games. Not enough to form an opinion.

This is regarding him playing at fullback. I've not seen him in midfield enough to have an opinion on how he would be there.

100% agree.

The amount of time Palmer would just stand off a player was astonishing.

I know RB is not his "natural" position, but surely he should know that his job is to try and stop the crosses actually coming in. Gets forward and does nothing with it 90% of the time.

Young player, from the academy, but for me he isn't good enough.

Liam Parmer is a good player to have. Always works hard and willing to do what he's told, happy to play where ever. Look at players like Spurr, he's a solid, reliable championship player, could walk into any team in the league, just a good mentality.

Palmer is a decent Championship RB, nothing more, nothing less, good squad player.

Vermijl is potentially a Premiership RB.

What have you seen from Vermijl to make that assumption ?

If i had the option of keeping one it would be LP .

Liam Parmer is a good player to have. Always works hard and willing to do what he's told, happy to play where ever. Look at players like Spurr, he's a solid, reliable championship player, could walk into any team in the league, just a good mentality.

WTF:

Everyone likes Liam. He's obviously got talent and has a great attitude. He's loves the club and has come up the ranks, I'll always respect him.

But seriously, a club who is truly going for promotion won't have LP in the side. He was all over the place at right back. Constantly out of position and struggled against anyone who was quick or had muscle. Had buxton been fit enough he wouldn't have been there. He's more natural in midfield but again, in the starting 11 of a side aiming for the top? No chance. We need better. Much much better if we want a chance at the big time

I think he's a brilliant player to have in your squad and was part of the best back four we've had in absolutely ages. Just needs to work on his final ball because soon as he gets into the final third he changes into a different player and gets vertigo. I hooe Carvahal is the coach to improve his final product because when he starts getting them crosses right, our strikers will start scoring more goals.

Guest Leapylee11

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side. just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS. a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

Guest Leapylee11

Palmer got caught out so many times at back stick from deep crosses it was terrible! If you all want to go up we need better!

Best defensive full back in the Championship.

You couldn't make it up.....

With that logic nuhiu has to be one of the best strikers outside the Premiership.lol Edited by poite

He's still only 23. I think he more than anyone deserves our patience to see if he can become a top player. I'd like to see what effect working with CC for a year could have on his game

Yep, agree with that. I doubt he will become a top player, he could however become a very decent one

Can't get over the unconcious xenophobia of the OP - we have a foreign coach therefore he will pick the right back with the foreign sounding name (even if they're from a totally different country and have been playing in England for years) over the local one.

Why would this be?  He'll just pick the player he thinks is best for the job.  Simple as that. 

Guest TommyTank

Vermijl will be a quality right back one day.

He's got all the natural attributes.

Yes, he needs to tweek a few things, that is called development.