liam palmer

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side.                                      just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS.  a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

" simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS.  a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game."

I agree - thats exactly how I would describe Liam Palmer 

Well he's certainly not the best full back in the division.

He's not the best full back in the club.

What he is is a young midfield player doing a job out of position.

With Verma-wotsit hopefully getting a good pre-season under his belt and the new signings then it's likely wouldnt we think that Palmer will be able to focus on midfield once more?

With Maguire already out of the door it might be that he's got a chance of that right sided midfield birth.

Not a World beater.

Who is in the Championship?

Lets hope the lad can keep learning and building.

Palmer is a great athlete with plenty of ability.

His main problem is that he doesn't have the confidence/attitude to dominate the opposition.

He needs a bit of the Sterland attitude.

Bomb forward, make them worry about him, knock the winger about a bit. He just seems a bit reticent and is not aggressive enough