New Pitch

Guest Buxtonian

Worrying about something not worth worrying about there mate.

When the flood hit we only spent £100k fixing it which was shambolic. Getting the desso pitch which if true cost £250k will mean money spent on drainage and the big electrical heaters you see at City Wembley and Arsenal.

Eh?  I'm not concerned about the cost - I'm asking if we know for certain if we have secured a company able to do the work this summer.

Over on bluntmad they are pulling us to pieces about the new pitch and our stadium, pulling one poster on here about calling the North stand the 'Cant' because he can't spell cantelever. He then goes on to say that it would only take £100 of Dulex (?) vouchers to improove the stadium. Oh the flippingirony.

My favourite from NKT is the thread about their "stadium"?

"The cant is the best stand in the country"
- Delusion beyond comprehension along with the inability to spell "Cantilever" so the grunter shorterns it to "Cant".

"Just a bit of money spent on these (*stands) will get H**********h back where it belongs"
- Note the operative word of "BIT" in that statement above. Exactly how much is "a bit"? Are we talking £100 worth of Dulex vouchers? Also, I'd love to know where the pig thinks their ground "belongs"?

Everton's pitch isn't Desso - though its probably a similar part-grass/part artificial surface

Full list of Desso clients is here http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects

This article says its a Desso Grassmaster:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2339501/Everton-install-Rolls-Royce-pitch-Goodison-ahead-Premier-League-campaign-Martinez.html

Over on bluntmad they are pulling us to pieces about the new pitch and our stadium, pulling one poster on here about calling the North stand the 'Cant' because he can't spell cantelever. He then goes on to say that it would only take £100 of Dulex (?) vouchers to improove the stadium. Oh the flippingirony.

- Delusion beyond comprehension along with the inability to spell "Cantilever" so the grunter shorterns it to "Cant".

"Just a bit of money spent on these (*stands) will get H**********h back where it belongs"

- Note the operative word of "BIT" in that statement above. Exactly how much is "a bit"? Are we talking £100 worth of Dulex vouchers? Also, I'd love to know where the pig thinks their ground "belongs"?

County Championship lol

£1m is a shrewd investment, new pitch = less injuries = less need for emergency replacements = more £££ for full transfers

Exactly. Plus, lower ongoing repairs/maintenance costs. Long term, the outlay pays for itself. Let the ground staff get on with keeping it decent. Tip top stuff.

Does the pig mean Durex?

He sounds a bit wortied to be fair.

lol

If you've got a million pound aside and willing to place an order straight away they'll easily get someone.

surely there can't be only one company that does Desso pitches?