Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

I sit at the bottom of the Kop and generally can't hear songs when/if they get going at the back of the Kop. That's maybe something due to the acoustics.

If I can't hear, then the players/rest of the stadium definitely aren't and THAT is why the atmopshere at Hillsborough is generally poo poo.

Get somewhere at the bottom of the kop, that last tier next to Tango is actually a decent view. You can still see the game...trust me. 

You're closer to the pitch, people will see the bouncing/flags & be able to hear better. It can also be quite intimidating for opposition players.

You've got all those flags at the top of the kop but no rascal can see them because they're right at the back and people are obviously stood in front of them.

Get them to the bottom!

It won't affect our season that much in terms of on the pitch. But it'll make home games a damn sight more enjoyable.

Palace fans took a stand and their 'Holmesdale End' probably has the best atmosphere in the country now.

We have the numbers. But not the resources at the minute.

Their is NO point having the 'singers' of Hillsborough all stood in the far top corners of the North and Kop ends.

Gimme yer seat number mate...I'm cartin' an Harpsichord in next home game..can you harmonise to "Honolulu"?

Is view at bottom of Kop not quite poor.

My seat at Windsor Park is 2nd row of the Kop and its a rubbish view.

Quite hard to see whats happening at other end of pitch

Yea well the great thing about goin' to Hillsborough is..The "Watching" bit...detracts from the whole thingy..I had me eyes closed last 10 minutes Saturday...its a peripheral part of the whole Wednesday experience..

I mean I'd happily pay me money and sit waist deep in the Don if it meant a 1-0 scruffy win...

Agree with that letter, good points well made.

The problem with Hillsborough is getting an area for us all to move.

We have North Standers and staunch kopites !

I like my seat at back of leopard don't really want to move, unless it's to a proper singing section .

Maybe the Leopard is puttin' folk off joinin' in yer singing?

West stand upper would be a great singing section. One of the best views in the ground and you can get some right noise bouncing off the roof.

Leeds manage to get supporters singing behind both goals too by relocating the away fans. Unreserved seating would be the way forward.

Have to agree with the west stand. The tier would also be good for banner displays etc over the lower tier. I like the concept of what they have done at Palace but they can keep that awful euro singing that is just annoying. I don't want that at Hillsborough.

Edited by barn_owl

Guest FurryIkleEwok

Should be at the front of the Kop wavin' flags...that top bit adds nowt...no-one sees it...I reckon it would get going if those lads werer at the front where everyone could see them..

Everyone sits at the back of the kip because they like to stand up all game. It's the only place you can get away with it.

Me too, will join in

Probably not yet

Would be more surprised if they do than don't

I'd be surprised too.

I like the idea, though I think you'll need a petition with a few thousand signatures to get your voice heard with something like this.