Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

Sat in grand stand yesterday and apart from when we scored heard nothing from kop. North stand were louder. There is no atmosphere at Hillsboro any more too many moaners moaning at red cod we didn't win at throw in in our own half.

Sat in grand stand yesterday and apart from when we scored heard nothing from kop. North stand were louder. There is no atmosphere at Hillsboro any more too many moaners moaning at red cod we didn't win at throw in in our own

Edited by owls4effa

Like them or love them the atmosphere is always better with the band and more people join in when the band fires up than when the the group of lads singing do. Singing or chanting spreads like a wave and unfortunately when the lads start singing the wave doesn't spread, its like no one feels included in it.

Unfortunately we have a generation of fans who no nothing other than a band. All the singers who don't like them moved away years ago. If the singers on the kop persevere it will come. Just don't give it a few games and want the band back. Give it proper time and we'll see a difference.

The issue isn't the ten fans with instruments

It's the tens of thousands of fans who sit silent

Agree with this

I don't want the band but we could somehow make it work both ways as long as when we all sing something that the band arent needed, they don't try to overpower it like they do at the minute

Agree with this

I don't want the band but we could somehow make it work both ways as long as when we all sing something that the band arent needed, they don't try to overpower it like they do at the minute

If the majority don't want them then the majority shouldn't have to compromise just to keep 8 leeds fans happy. God knows the band don't compromise with us.

10,000 people singing would drown em out

If they all started at the same time it would . But the band join in at the first sniff and then the song becomes a slow droning clap a long. Add to this we've become way too reliant on them and the kop has lost its voice. . I don't know you but I get the impression you're not a kid. Surely you can remember the raw spontaneous atmosphere. This will NEVER happen whilst we have rehearsed drums and trumpets that play the same tunes at the same time every week and ruin any bit of spontinouity that happens to get going.

If they all started at the same time it would . But the band join in at the first sniff and then the song becomes a slow droning clap a long. Add to this we've become way too reliant on them and the kop has lost its voice. . I don't know you but I get the impression you're not a kid. Surely you can remember the raw spontaneous atmosphere. This will NEVER happen whilst we have rehearsed drums and trumpets that play the same tunes at the same time every week and ruin any bit of spontinouity that happens to get going.

I totally remember the time before the band

It was proper football chanting, singing and more importantly we were the funniest, most original and most amusing fans in the country.

Now we've become the football equivalent of X-Factor.

The way to change it isn't just to boot the band though - its to drown them out initially, and then press on as we were before they started up.

Owlstalk Shop

I totally remember the time before the band

It was proper football chanting, singing and more importantly we were the funniest, most original and most amusing fans in the country.

Now we've become the football equivalent of X-Factor.

The way to change it isn't just to boot the band though - its to drown them out initially, and then press on as we were before they started up.

That's the point though Neil. It's hard to drown them out when they're on it so quickly. They hijack the songs as if to take the credit. They can't stand having their instruments left out. It's not enough for them to just sing like the rest of us. Its hard to sing a song how it is intended when a brass band join in and change it.Your x factor comparison is spot on and it won't change until the band have gone.

The club have no appetite for ending the band's presence at games though

So it's up to the fans to drown them out I reckon (just my opinion)

I hope we do it, I really do.I just don't think we'll manage to drown out a brass band without lots of people and serious organisation.

Any idea why they weren't there on Saturday?