Taylor-Fletcher

He's not been as bad as for example Feeney, but he was still a rubbish signing. He picked about two clever balls out all day yesterday, the rest of the time he mostly gave it away. The problem was that whenever he got the ball he slowed our attack down to a crawl by piddling around with the ball. Nuhiu is one of the slowest players I've seen but he's quicker than GTF and at least when he has the ball he runs with it (and he has a bizarre ability to beat a man on occasion) and keeps the attack moving. GTF does neither. He's probably got a season or two left in one of the lower leagues but if we extend him I'll be pulling my hair out. 

Guest wilyfox

He's a decent option due to what he brings to the team's tactics. Stevie May has looked his best when partnered with him, encourages us to play a bit less long ball.

Really? There were no signs of a budding partnership forming yesterday, and we play long ball regardless of who plays up top. We just do.

He's a decent option due to what he brings to the team's tactics. Stevie May has looked his best when partnered with him, encourages us to play a bit less long ball.

Didn't you see us constantly hoof it to him yesterday....?

Our tactics haven't really changed all season. Regardless of who is up front.

We could have JOC and Wade Small up front. We'd still hoof it.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox

With Lavery's return, I'd have thought the striker we're after would be GTF's replacement. Might be kidding yourself hoping for two additions.

With Lavery's return, I'd have thought the striker we're after would be GTF's replacement. Might be kidding yourself hoping for two additions.

Yes that's more likely, two is what we need but it will probably be just a striker As long as the striker vaguely resembles someone who could get 20 goals in a full season, then we'll be fine

Guest Deleted member

Our tactic in playing pretty triangles all the way to the opponents goal area, then knocking it back to the halfway line for a big hoof into the box is slowly driving me mad.

Well Pearson rates him or why did he give him another year.

Because money isn't an issue in the premiere league and maybe he thought he could fill a role in their cup squads.

He was in the starting line up against Shrewsbury for the loss and was on the bench for the premiere league match before against chelsea (coming on as a sub).

Post the league cup humiliation he'd not even made the bench.

Cue a loan in the next window. Regains a bit more match fitness before a return for the start of the FA cup.

Sometimes it's not so much about rating a player as understanding the abilities of the players and whether they should be able to beat the likes of Shrewsbury in a cup game.