Taylor-Fletcher

Guest Sheff Owl

Not a chance has done nothing panic loan in my opinion no logic in sending madine out and bringing in gtf

That's the problem he wasn't a panic loan signing.

Gone from playing in a Championship winning team to not being good enough for us ......... ok . 

Some of you need a reality check, GTF is a good player, and if May hadn't got in his way yesterday this thread would probably not exist . 

There's a difference though.

He was brought into Leicester to provide an experienced a steady head to guide and assist the likes of Vardy, Schlupp, Nugent, Wood. All strikers who were scoring. 

He's not good enough for us because he's not a goal scorer. Once you get a team scoring and playing well you can start to afford to carry luxuries like 'experienced steady heads' to guide younger ones. 

GTF is a lump. We already have Nuhiu who can hold the ball up & be a target man.

GTF has played in Nuhiu's role whenever he's played. GTF is slower & shorter than Nuhiu. Where is the logic?

'If May hadn't of gotten in his way' - GTF is meant to be an experienced player....SURELY he should have put a name on the ball to tell May that he was going to pull the trigger?

Edited by FlyingOwl

There's a difference though.

He was brought into Leicester to provide an experienced a steady head to guide and assist the likes of Vardy, Schlupp, Nugent, Wood. All strikers who were scoring. 

He's not good enough for us because he's not a goal scorer. Once you get a team scoring and playing well you can start to afford to carry luxuries like 'experienced steady heads' to guide younger ones. 

GTF is a lump. We already have Nuhiu who can hold the ball up & be a target man.

GTF has played in Nuhiu's role whenever he's played. GTF is slower & shorter than Nuhiu. Where is the logic?

'If May hadn't of gotten in his way' - GTF is meant to be an experienced player....SURELY he should have put a name on the ball to tell May that he was going to pull the trigger?

The other thing, at Leicester, Nugent, Vardy and Schlupp are all quick, which to a certain extent enables Leicester to carry his lack of mobility. Here, we have three statues

Guest wilyfox

When he gets chugging, he can build up a head of steam Quicker than any of our forwards though

He'd beat all of our strikers in a foot race for sure.

I doubt he's any quicker than May.

Guest Deleted member

Was it though...It Wednesday your talking about, the Club motto should "every silver lining has a cloud"

lol

I wonder what that is in Latin

Guest wilyfox

Come on, I'm quicker than May

I acknowledge we need someone dynamic alongside him, but you have a real downer on May. He ain't that slow.

I acknowledge we need someone dynamic alongside him, but you have a real downer on May. He ain't that slow.

My frustration is with the changes we've made to try and settle him in, as I don't always think they've been to the benefit of the team. As for Stevie May, he's a decent prospect who looks as if he might have an eye for a goal, but not yet someone you build a side around.

Thing is Gray wants May to be our 20 goal striker.

Perhaps Milan has told Gray he is our 20 goal striker . We are trying to make this happen and if you bring in somebody else like say Maynard , who tends to play on the back man, you could argue he should replace May in the team. That ain't going to happen.

Nuhiu has been dropped cos it was not working with May. The question is if we bring in a pacy striker to play up top on the last man, which many of us think we need, where does that leave May