Taylor-Fletcher

Was a very odd signing - not because of his ability, but how we play.  He's not a target man (despite what people lazily say because of his weight), he's not a clinical goalscorer.  He's a link-up player, but for that to work, he would need a midfield that plays at tempo, gets the ball into his feet, and makes runs off him.  Gray should have known that, so why he signed him and continued to set-up like he does is the real mystery.

Gray's attacking set-up relies on a complete striker, who is strong enough to hold it up, has ability to gain himself a yard of space, and make his own chances (like Wickham did last year).  The problem is there aren't many of those around at the level we shop at (if any).  Which brings us back round to the point I've made in numerous threads - until Gray changes how we attack, little will change.  

Was a poor loan signing with little thought attached to it.  We didn't sign a striker to suit how Gray plays, or we didn't change how we play to suit the new signing (though we didn't change for May, so the chances of changing for a loanee are slim I agree!).  

Was a very odd signing - not because of his ability, but how we play. He's not a target man (despite what people lazily say because of his weight), he's not a clinical goalscorer. He's a link-up player, but for that to work, he would need a midfield that plays at tempo, gets the ball into his feet, and makes runs off him. Gray should have known that, so why he signed him and continued to set-up like he does is the real mystery.

Gray's attacking set-up relies on a complete striker, who is strong enough to hold it up, has ability to gain himself a yard of space, and make his own chances (like Wickham did last year). The problem is there aren't many of those around at the level we shop at (if any). Which brings us back round to the point I've made in numerous threads - until Gray changes how we attack, little will change.

Was a poor loan signing with little thought attached to it. We didn't sign a striker to suit how Gray plays, or we didn't change how we play to suit the new signing (though we didn't change for May, so the chances of changing for a loanee are slim I agree!).

True, except probably for the last bit, I think we did try to change to accommodate Stevie May. In fact signing GTF was an example of us trying to do just that. I agree that the GTF experiment didn't work, as with some of the other subtle changes we have made to try and get the best out of May. Some of those changes have made us slightly less secure, and have not really achieved the main aim of making us a more potent force. Edited by gurujuan

Was a very odd signing - not because of his ability, but how we play.  He's not a target man (despite what people lazily say because of his weight), he's not a clinical goalscorer.  He's a link-up player, but for that to work, he would need a midfield that plays at tempo, gets the ball into his feet, and makes runs off him.  Gray should have known that, so why he signed him and continued to set-up like he does is the real mystery.

Gray's attacking set-up relies on a complete striker, who is strong enough to hold it up, has ability to gain himself a yard of space, and make his own chances (like Wickham did last year).  The problem is there aren't many of those around at the level we shop at (if any).  Which brings us back round to the point I've made in numerous threads - until Gray changes how we attack, little will change.  

Was a poor loan signing with little thought attached to it.  We didn't sign a striker to suit how Gray plays, or we didn't change how we play to suit the new signing (though we didn't change for May, so the chances of changing for a loanee are slim I agree!).  

and showed his worth as said when he played that through ball on Saturday

Maybe if he had loads of 'cool' tattoos, came with a great reputation and had a 'wacky' haircut he would have got more support from the fanbase. I prefer my footballers to have a good first touch, a track record of scoring goals at the required level and am intelligence befitting of the Championship.

Some people are very easily pleased.

Maybe if he had loads of 'cool' tattoos, came with a great reputation and had a 'wacky' haircut he would have got more support from the fanbase. I prefer my footballers to have a good first touch, a track record of scoring goals at the required level and am intelligence befitting of the Championship.

Crikey, hope you're not talking about Stevie May? Those two upfront looked, probably the most uncool pair of sportsmen you could imagine

needs replacing ASAP , not worked out whatsoever though i was hopeful and still disagree with the people absolutely slating him, he's a decent player who still has something to offer maybe at a lower level but i wish the guy all the best

Regardless of how many tattoos he has, how he styles his hair and whether he has a great reputation, GTF did very little in the month that we had him. You say some people are easily pleased and yet call the fans who saw GTF's as poor dimwits.

If you think he was a good signing and will be missed then I would argue that in this instance you were easily pleased.