new signings on way

Guest wilyfox

Any ideas who the one who got called up to the bench due to an injury which SG mentioned post match?

It was Shaun Wright Phillips.

I don't think it was SWP. He could have been the player wanting to stay and fight for his place at QPR, before we signed GTF. Signing him would make little sense to us now. We've brought experience in, and he's neither a CF or CM.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/transfer-talk/news/redknapp-wright-phillips-rejected-loans_185574.html

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has revealed that Shaun Wright-Phillips rejected the opportunity to leave the club on loan recently.

Wright-Phillips has not made an appearance in the Premier League this season, but the 33-year-old winger would prefer to fight for his place at Loftus Road rather than join a team in the Championship.

"He's still here," Redknapp told reporters. "He's in the squad so he's got to keep working hard to try and get in the team.

"He's had opportunities to go out on loan that he didn't fancy. If he's called upon, he won't let you down."

Guest wilyfox

And that's why it can't be him. Gray said an injury to another player is the reason a deal didn't get done. Redknapp says the player isn't interested in heading out. It doesn't tally.

I like this bit of the season when we get an excellent loan signing in .

I'm looking for Wickham MK2, or even a Matt Fryatt/ Leroy Lita type.

Yeah, good times ahead. The strength of our season has always been down to the loan signings. Our best players are never actually ours.