THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY

Some people are ace at spending other people's money.

How about 10,000 core adult supporters chuck a grand in each and give the club £10M to spend on players.

When MM sells us after the guaranteed promotion, we all get double back, cos he'll get more than £40M if we are promoted.

If we don't go up then we've spunkedit away...?

Bet we'd all be queueing up...!

So someone give me a sensible answer why we're not a saleable commodity at £40 mill .

Does Milan keep the 'For Sale ' sign up whilst we stay mid-table ,or ,like houses , does he reduce the price and hope for a genuine buyer.Or does he make some improvements , re-decorate the place and ask for the original price .

I'm not saying I dont appreciate what Milan's done for us , and where we've come from ,far from it , but we cant stay like this for long otherwise crowds will diminish and it will become even more difficult to move on .

Milan doesn't own the club, the trust does. He's just the figurehead of the trust which I think has 2-3 other mmembers - these will get a say on matters too on what we spend/budget wise etc....

They could have said that's it the club spends what it brings in. Milan may have billions in the bank, its all immaterial though as he cannot just plough it in without giving it the trust first.

The other owners of the trust are listed somewhere.

How about 10,000 core adult supporters chuck a grand in each and give the club £10M to spend on players.

When MM sells us after the guaranteed promotion, we all get double back, cos he'll get more than £40M if we are promoted.

All I meant is... we can afford a bloody striker!

The other thing Milan has to consider is whether or not to reduce his asking price .Yes getting to mid-table has been good and progressive ,but if he aint got any takers at £40 where we are now , then as I see it he has two options -

1 Reduce the asking price to get rid  ,or

2 spend a bit as I suggested and in the longer term he may get his money back and more .

I very much doubt you're going to get takers at £40m

Your last set of published accounts reported a turnover of £14.9m on which you made an operating loss of £3.9m.

I know people will say we've got potential and all that but those accounts are based on your return to the Championship and an average attendance of 24,078, your second highest since relegation.

Is there much more potential than that whilst your in the Championship?

Until the issue regarding commercial income and to a certain degree, matchday revenue is addressed, I can't see anyone folking out the kind the money required for MM to see a return on his investment.

Edited by just visiting

Great idea.  Would probably work well, as long as we get a say in which players we should go for. 

Someone should send this proposal to Milan. 

I know we're skint but I reckon for the measly price of £3mill we could join the ' yo-yo ' club . The likes of WBA , Burnley,QPR ,Norwich ,Wolves ,Sunderland,Hull , Leicester ,Palace .Once in the club the parachute payments allow you to be that little bit better off than others in the Championship .£1 mill each for another top class defender [Cardiff showed we cant cope without Lees ] ,a creative midfielder to back up Lee ,and a Kevin Phillips like striker who's quick , agile and alert to loose balls in the box .For £3mill we could give it a real good go and by today's standards thats not big bucks and if we got to the Premiership , even for one season , we'd get the money back . Come on Milan , give it one last push !

It's not just £3million though is it? When you add on the signing on fees and agent fees plus wages it's a hell of a lot more. I'm happy doing what we're doing right now.

If every club in the Championship decided to do that there would be 3 that go up, 3 that get relegated and another 18 who've invested a lot of money they maybe can't sustain. What makes us so different?

our club doesn't generate enough commercial income, in fact the club is clueless at it, maybe that's another reason they aint queuing for miles and miles to buy our club among other obvious factors...

The sad thing is that this isn't hard to improve.

Improving it enough might be different, but just improving it significantly would be a piece of wee...!

I very much doubt you're going to get takers at £40m

Your last set of published accounts reported a turnover of £14.9m on which you made an operating loss of £3.9m.

I know people will say we've got potential and all that but those accounts are based on your return to the Championship and an average attendance of 24,078, your second highest since relegation.

Is there much more potential than that whilst your in the Championship?

Until the issue regarding commercial income and to a certain degree, matchday revenue is addressed, I can't see anyone folking out the kind the money required for MM to see a return on his investment.

Sadly this is all true.

the stadium is criminaly under utilised. Until this is fixed we wont EVER become comercially viable without either getting promoted or selling our best players. This leads to the lack of investment in potential players to have the potential to sell on. Peterborough seem to have a good model with this but then at the same time they are a L1/Championship yo-yo team

Guest Deleted member

The stadium is in the wrong place, lacks parking facilities, lacks suitable rooms in general for use as restaurants and a conference venue

Hillsborough has held us back as a club for a generation.

Rotherham United make more money than us on their catering side at their new stadium. In a town a third of the size.

I would have thought its bleeding obvious to even the dumbest that Hillsborough holds us back. poor location, poor facilities no effort put in by any of our owners/chairmen over the last umpteen years has seen us fall well behind the rest. this is a major reason why old tight wad will be stuck with us for his remaining days