Squad Complete?

Dare I say it, but IMO what we need is a replacement for Semedo in his current style. His defence is excellent, his effort 100%+, his committment terrific, BUT, and this is where I think we lack, his passes are almost entirely cross-field  and not forward. Not saying that he needs to alter his game a lot, but he must start looking forward for the ball he can slide forward into the paths of the attackers. This would keep the momentum from defence to attack going. With Sem' he seems to start quick, forward moves, but then his final pass seems to stop the inertia. Get him slipping the odd ball through almost directly forward and he could become awesome. 

One attacking threat we don't have at the moment which won't cost a fortune  (could be a bench warmer for 80 minutes per game) is a long throw man.

Saturday being the point of example, valuable time wasted trying to work a cross from the throw-in situation. A lower league man with a giant throw in could be of great help when we are searching a late winner or equaliser. 

Difficult to say really. In terms of numbers now i think we are ok but i still don't think the squad is that strong overall. We have a team that can compete in this league but if we are wanting a top half finish i don't think the squad is good enough. Players such as Maguire, Magoma, Coke etc haven't proven it yet that they can perform at high level consistently and our strikers have yet to proove they can get goals at this level. I'm not critising the players as i think we have the best side we've had for a while but that could be down to the fact that we are used to watching rubbish.

I think we have a 2 great keeprs, a very solid centre back pairing and the centre midfield is also strong with Lee and Hutch but then then the rest are still to show that they are top end championship players. Hopefully they can show that for the rest of the season. I personally think we will finish about 14th which isn't bad and would be another year of progression.  The league is that close to call though and there are so many sides that are similar in quality. Should be an interesting season though.

We do have a midfielder that can get a foot on the ball and breach a defensive line with a killer pass. Rhys McCabe. He just never gets a game.

I'd like to see us sign a crafty midfielder. One of those clever little attack minded players who always wants the ball and manages to pop up in little spaces in between their defence and midfield. If not, then maybe give maghoma a chance in that role. Like a number 10 just of the striker. He clearly has no interest in crossing the ball so why not utilise his skills centrally.

Totally agree, if the chances don't come from the wings or set pieces we're pretty screwed.  We'd all love a Sheridan type to pick out May's runs, but they're very, very hard to find at this level and cost a fair wedge too.

There must be one out there somewhere. And untapped on who just needs nourishing.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Difficult to say really. In terms of numbers now i think we are ok but i still don't think the squad is that strong overall. We have a team that can compete in this league but if we are wanting a top half finish i don't think the squad is good enough. Players such as Maguire, Magoma, Coke etc haven't proven it yet that they can perform at high level consistently and our strikers have yet to proove they can get goals at this level. I'm not critising the players as i think we have the best side we've had for a while but that could be down to the fact that we are used to watching rubbish.

I think we have a 2 great keeprs, a very solid centre back pairing and the centre midfield is also strong with Lee and Hutch but then then the rest are still to show that they are top end championship players. Hopefully they can show that for the rest of the season. I personally think we will finish about 14th which isn't bad and would be another year of progression.  The league is that close to call though and there are so many sides that are similar in quality. Should be an interesting season though.

A fair summary, but we've assembled this squad, well this summers recruitment anyway, on a budget following Milan's freeze on spending. Do we even have any right to expect a top half finish? I don't think we'd find 13 clubs who'd spent less than us. That is not to say we can't finish top half. We have top class coach who is used to working on a shoestring, so as long as he can continue to motivate this group of players to punch above their weight, then we have a chance.

All our players are comfortable on the ball, and interchangeabele. Well, not all, but most.

I reckon Gray is a tactical genius looking to play Cruyff style sexy football.

We're going to have players running in all directions, filling in for each other, and tearing the opposition apart, creating shedloads of opportunities.

It's going to be a nightmare playing against us, trust me.

We're going to rip the league apart. We haven't even got going yet.