A Question for Daz/Wednesdayite

Just a quick question regarding an idea that'll probably be floating around the back of afew minds..

If things got so bad at Hillsborough, so bad that the clubs future was in serious jeapody (as if it already isn't) and so bad amongst what's left of our fanbase, would Wednesdayite as a group be ready to entertain the idea of forming a breakaway club along the same lines as an AFC Wimbledon or FC United?

Obviously there are differeing reasons as to the formation of those 2 clubs, aswell as others that have sprouted, but one thing that does seem to commonly link them is how much the fans love it. AFC Wimbledon have been one of the best supported clubs outside of the Football League since they were formed, and i have a friend who supports FC United who says as a supporter he has never had it so good. Supporting Football in it's purest form. Cheering on players who aren't fancy dan foreigners or journeyman out for the money, being able to stand on terracing singing your heart out without fear of over zealous coppers or tannoy announcements telling you to sit down and be quiet.. and probably most important, affordable football that anyone can watch.. and on a Saturday afternoon. I think there's alot to be said for it..

While some people will probably attack the idea as showing a disregard for SWFC, it should probably be noted that i'm not suggesting this happens now. But if things got to such a desperate state at S6, even more so than it is now, would Wednesdayite and the fans in general be prepared to take a stand, make a big step and join the increasing number of fans who are finding themselves re-invigorated by these sort of clubs?

Why's that, Essix?

Please don't think i'm having a go by asking that, this thread is merely about guaging opinion really and throwing an idea out there and into the ring. Infact it'd be nice to get some constructive opinions both for and against, see what the supporters think.

Just seems to me that in a climate where increasing numbers of people are finding themselves completley dissilusioned and out of sync with football, particularly SWFC fans it would seem, it might be worth exploring other avenues.. even if they are a little extreme..

Why's that, Essix?

Please don't think i'm having a go by asking that, this thread is merely about guaging opinion really and throwing an idea out there and into the ring. Infact it'd be nice to get some constructive opinions both for and against, see what the supporters think.

Just seems to me that in a climate where increasing numbers of people are finding themselves completley dissilusioned and out of sync with football, particularly SWFC fans it would seem, it might be worth exploring other avenues.. even if they are a little extreme..

Wimbledon was a totally different situation to what's happening at S6.

The board at S6 WON'T be there forever.

Things aren't that serious. yet

Just a quick question regarding an idea that'll probably be floating around the back of afew minds..

If things got so bad at Hillsborough, so bad that the clubs future was in serious jeapody (as if it already isn't) and so bad amongst what's left of our fanbase, would Wednesdayite as a group be ready to entertain the idea of forming a breakaway club along the same lines as an AFC Wimbledon or FC United?

Obviously there are differeing reasons as to the formation of those 2 clubs, aswell as others that have sprouted, but one thing that does seem to commonly link them is how much the fans love it. AFC Wimbledon have been one of the best supported clubs outside of the Football League since they were formed, and i have a friend who supports FC United who says as a supporter he has never had it so good. Supporting Football in it's purest form. Cheering on players who aren't fancy dan foreigners or journeyman out for the money, being able to stand on terracing singing your heart out without fear of over zealous coppers or tannoy announcements telling you to sit down and be quiet.. and probably most important, affordable football that anyone can watch.. and on a Saturday afternoon. I think there's alot to be said for it..

While some people will probably attack the idea as showing a disregard for SWFC, it should probably be noted that i'm not suggesting this happens now. But if things got to such a desperate state at S6, even more so than it is now, would Wednesdayite and the fans in general be prepared to take a stand, make a big step and join the increasing number of fans who are finding themselves re-invigorated by these sort of clubs?

If things carry on as they are , there will be no need for a new wednesday because we will be playing FC United on equal flipping terms

if wednesday ceased to exist i think i'd take up with sheffield fc. Got a link to them and a soft spot as my dad played for them once. Thats if i could face football again obviously. Think it would be harder than people imagine. Like getting back into the market after the bird you loved cheated on you and broke your heart. *****. Would take time.

I've now heard it all.

Deejay

I think its time for the board to get a proper roasting. :mad:

I know how you feel mate.

I think it's time a lot of questions were asked personally. In particular what the short/medium/long term plans are and what the alternatives are - especially if a negative response to the Wednesdayite discussion document comes back form the club.

There's an AGM coming up and perhaps that is the place to do it. I certainly hope we have a good turn out at Wednesdayite's AGM beforehand so that fans can have their input into those questions too.

I think it's time a lot of questions were asked personally. In particular what the short/medium/long term plans are and what the alternatives are - especially if a negative response to the Wednesdayite discussion document comes back form the club.

There's an AGM coming up and perhaps that is the place to do it. I certainly hope we have a good turn out at Wednesdayite's AGM beforehand so that fans can have their input into those questions too.

I have been to too many AGM's not to know that bugger all will be achieved at the Cutlers Hall

Wimbledon was a totally different situation to what's happening at S6.

The board at S6 WON'T be there forever.

Things aren't that serious. yet

According to the Annual Report, they're getting 2.25% above LIBOR interest on their loans. That's a nice little earner, why would they want to go?

Would it be cynical to suggest that the board might keep Wednesdayite waiting until after the AGM for a response, thereby keeping them somewhat onside hoping for a positive answer? Or have timescales for a response been put in place?

This must rank as one of the stupidest threads ever created on here.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

THE Wednesday FC does have a nove ring to it tho'

God the snow here is terrible it's like "The day after tomorrow" at the moment..