A Question for Daz/Wednesdayite

Would it be cynical to suggest that the board might keep Wednesdayite waiting until after the AGM for a response, thereby keeping them somewhat onside hoping for a positive answer? Or have timescales for a response been put in place?

That's not a cynical view, it's the view of a realist.

i'd never support a breakaway club.

Dave

I think the wimbledon comparison is an interesting discussion starter. I can't make a decision until the situation ever got that bad that supporters wanted to form a separate Wednesday. Some might say that time is only around the corner -I hope not, but I have had similar thoughts, just imagine this limpet board, because of ever diminishing share values, won't go, we could be stuck with them for many a year yet.

Tonto suggests we freeze them out by not going. I don't think the crowds are not going because of his call or indeed one specific protest -it's a general apathy, disgust, boredom, disgrace and hatred and finally that cocktail weighed up against a lack of money, redundancy everywhere and with xmas a month away - the low crowds are a no brainer.

"Other teams crowds are holding up!" I can hear a few on here say, well as just stated our particular malais is a cocktail of history, events, personalities and now even if we can afford it/want to go this is affecting the product we pay to see.

I know of 2 family members who won't go again for a bit having seen the present team's clueless passionless efforts against Barnsley, Derby & Doncaster. The team is losing heart, could this be manager speculation ? Could it be players mentioned as leaving in January might allegedly lose their cutting edge saving legs from injury?

- "But we made a profit !" The same board supporters will say. That profit was made selling players some of whom wanted to leave yes, but only because they were allowed to, and who woudn't leave a club run like this?

I remind them of the farmer who killed his goose, I fear we will lose several players in January , the contract extentions are merely a ploy to get a realistic fee should they attract interest.

Anyway back to Sheffield dave hypothetically IF it came to it I would probably enjoy watching wednesday in the real football league with real football no overpaid jessies -playing anywhere, except that open sewer at S2 -but IF we split, my heart and blood will be torn. A breakaway name I might support would be THE REAL WEDNESDAY FC

Having said all that it won't happen we will continue to sell players to pay off the debt I think in 2 years time we will be in a relegation battle from div 1 again with crowds of 13,000 if we're lucky. :mad:

Edited by steelowl

Let me guess, you want to be chairman/manager/player, in a Brian Glover style Kes scenario?

You were the first to mute the idea of Wednesday FC, so I propose you are in charge.

Good luck with it all. The timing is perfect for the January transfer window.

THE Wednesday FC does have a nove ring to it tho'

God the snow here is terrible it's like "The day after tomorrow" at the moment..

We were known by that name untill the 1930's

Regarding a new club. No we should not. The fans have built that club up through tradition, history, happiness and joy.

Wed'ite would have my support if they were to run the club rather than the jelly fishes that are there now.

Let me guess, you want to be chairman/manager/player, in a Brian Glover style Kes scenario?

You were the first to mute the idea of Wednesday FC, so I propose you are in charge.

Good luck with it all. The timing is perfect for the January transfer window.

thanks for your support :dry:

.. I think you need to read it before commenting facetiously though as I was just hypothesising and said in the last para what will prob happen.

Perhaps you are one of Tonto's happy clappers which is ironic with your log in name dontya think?

Edited by steelowl

I know how you feel mate.

I think it's time a lot of questions were asked personally. In particular what the short/medium/long term plans are and what the alternatives are - especially if a negative response to the Wednesdayite discussion document comes back form the club.

There's an AGM coming up and perhaps that is the place to do it. I certainly hope we have a good turn out at Wednesdayite's AGM beforehand so that fans can have their input into those questions too.

Have we got a date/location for this?

I wouldn't support it, but I do believe if Sheffield Wednesday went out of business, a new club, called 'The Wednesday' (the clubs original name) should be formed.

I've already spoke to people in charge of the Northern Counties East league, Central Midlands League, Sheffield County Senior League and South Yorkshire Amateur League and they're all willing to accept any apllication should the worst happen.

So Kivo is chairman? :biggrin:

I couldn't support a breakaway team while the current SWFC is still going. I believe as soon as the current board + Ceo have left, we can build the club back up.

Exactly, I'd never do a FC United type thing. While ever SWFC is still going, and I hope it does for many more decades, I'll be behind them. I just wish those in charge currently would clear off, because it's not their club, and they're bringing great shame to this once proud club.

BUT, if as I say the worse did happen, there's no way I could follow another team, or stop altogether. There would simply have to be a new incarnation of SWFC. Problem is, where would we start off again? A lot of non-league fans are rankled by AFC Wimbledon, AFC Telford, FC United, FC Halifax re-starting by not entering at the foot of the non-league ladder, but a few tiers up. The lowest 'The Wednesday' could start would be -

18. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 3

17. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 2

16. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 1

15. Sheffield County Senior League Division 2

14. Sheffield County Senior League Division 1

13. Sheffield County Senior League Premier Division (Athersley Recreation, Frecheville)

12. Central Midlands League Premier Division (Kiveton Park)

11. Central Midlands League Supreme Division (Harworth Colliery)

10. Northern Counties East League Division 1 (AFC Emley, Scarborough Athletic)

9. Northern Counties East League Premier Division (Hallam, Dinnington Town, Parkgate, Maltby Main)

8. Northern Premier League Division 1 South (Sheffield, Retford, Bradford PA, Stocksbridge)

7. Northern Premier League Premier Division (Worksop, FC United)

6. Conference North

5. Conference

4. League 2

3. League 1

2. Championship

1. Premier League

Edited by KivoOwl

Exactly, I'd never do a FC United type thing. While ever SWFC is still going, and I hope it does for many more decades, I'll be behind them. I just wish those in charge currently would clear off, because it's not their club, and they're bringing great shame to this once proud club.

BUT, if as I say the worse did happen, there's no way I could follow another team, or stop altogether. There would simply have to be a new incarnation of SWFC. Problem is, where would we start off again? A lot of non-league fans are rankled by AFC Wimbledon, AFC Telford, FC United, FC Halifax re-starting by not entering at the foot of the non-league ladder, but a few tiers up. The lowest 'The Wednesday' could start would be -

18. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 3

17. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 2

16. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 1

15. Sheffield County Senior League Division 2

14. Sheffield County Senior League Division 1

13. Sheffield County Senior League Premier Division (Athersley Recreation, Frecheville)

12. Central Midlands League Premier Division (Kiveton Park)

11. Central Midlands League Supreme Division (Harworth Colliery)

10. Northern Counties East League Division 1 (AFC Emley, Scarborough Athletic)

9. Northern Counties East League Premier Division (Hallam, Dinnington Town, Parkgate, Maltby Main)

8. Northern Premier League Division 1 South (Sheffield, Retford, Bradford PA, Stocksbridge)

7. Northern Premier League Premier Division (Worksop, FC United)

6. Conference North

5. Conference

4. League 2

3. League 1

2. Championship

1. Premier League

Assuming we get promoted every season, that's 18 years to reach the promised land!

Guest union owl

Assuming we get promoted every season, that's 18 years to reach the promised land!

18 years to reach the promised land :laugh::laugh::laugh: this lot running the club will kill it off but come the agm will get re-elected