A Question for Daz/Wednesdayite

Let me guess, you want to be chairman/manager/player, in a Brian Glover style Kes scenario?

You were the first to mute the idea of Wednesday FC, so I propose you are in charge.

Good luck with it all. The timing is perfect for the January transfer window.

No.

It's banding ideas around in a hypothetical situation. I'm not suggesting this happens now, if at all. It's guaging opinion on an idea, just like the midweek discussions about the fans taking over the club.

I did of course state this quite clearly in the original post, but some people suffer from selective reading.

According to the Annual Report, they're getting 2.25% above LIBOR interest on their loans. That's a nice little earner, why would they want to go?

The other question one could ask, would be, "why would they make loans to the club?" The club should generate it's own funds, and not expect loan from directors. As a supporter, I may give the club some money, but as a business man, if I made a loan, I'd expect interest on it.

The other question one could ask, would be, "why would they make loans to the club?" The club should generate it's own funds, and not expect loan from directors. As a supporter, I may give the club some money, but as a business man, if I made a loan, I'd expect interest on it.

Agree totally. IF they actually loaned money to the club.

But, what if, just for arguements sake, certain Directors didn't actually lend money to the club, they actually just placed guarantees with the bank (say against property) and the bank put the cash forward.

Should the Director get interest then?

I would not advocate a new club

The thing is that I will never let those in charge take my club away from me. It wouldbe like admitting defeat and leaving the club to those clowns. I have supported protest and boycott but not breaking away. Things have got terminal at S6 but I don't think we have reason to form a new team. We simply need to get those in charge to flip off thenclaim OUR club back.

Exactly, I'd never do a FC United type thing. While ever SWFC is still going, and I hope it does for many more decades, I'll be behind them. I just wish those in charge currently would clear off, because it's not their club, and they're bringing great shame to this once proud club.

BUT, if as I say the worse did happen, there's no way I could follow another team, or stop altogether. There would simply have to be a new incarnation of SWFC. Problem is, where would we start off again? A lot of non-league fans are rankled by AFC Wimbledon, AFC Telford, FC United, FC Halifax re-starting by not entering at the foot of the non-league ladder, but a few tiers up. The lowest 'The Wednesday' could start would be -

18. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 3

17. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 2

16. South Yorkshire Amateur League Division 1

15. Sheffield County Senior League Division 2

14. Sheffield County Senior League Division 1

13. Sheffield County Senior League Premier Division (Athersley Recreation, Frecheville)

12. Central Midlands League Premier Division (Kiveton Park)

11. Central Midlands League Supreme Division (Harworth Colliery)

10. Northern Counties East League Division 1 (AFC Emley, Scarborough Athletic)

9. Northern Counties East League Premier Division (Hallam, Dinnington Town, Parkgate, Maltby Main)

8. Northern Premier League Division 1 South (Sheffield, Retford, Bradford PA, Stocksbridge)

7. Northern Premier League Premier Division (Worksop, FC United)

6. Conference North

5. Conference

4. League 2

3. League 1

2. Championship

1. Premier League

I've got trophies for winning these, :biggrin: unless the wife threw them out :ohmy:

Wasn't there a league between the South Yorkshire Amateur, and the County Senior? I'm fairly sure I had a couple of seasons in a league called the Cobal Cranes, (unless that was the name of the sponsors)before I joined a team in the County Senior.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I've got trophies for winning these, :biggrin: unless the wife threw them out :ohmy:

Wasn't there a league between the South Yorkshire Amateur, and the County Senior? I'm fairly sure I had a couple of seasons in a league called the Cobal Cranes, (unless that was the name of the sponsors)before I joined a team in the County Senior.

When i were a lad

It was

Ameteur League

County Senior

Yorkshire League

Played in em all but never won owt :dry:

Let's work hard to improve what we have already.

A new club is an absolute worst case last resort in my opinion.

Of course. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

But, if that "absolute worset case last resort" became a reality, would Wednesdayite be prepared to support it?

I'm only asking because personally i'm a believer that a "big", high profile club is but a couple of years away max from going to the wall completley. I've no idea who, but i think theres a danger it could become a reality. We're not safe from that.. at all.. and in these times of complete uncertainty i just think it might be worth contemplating.

Again, i re-iterate (probably didn't do it well enough in the original post) that i'm not suggesting this happens whilever SWFC exist in any capacity.

Guest bacardi&co

Just a quick question regarding an idea that'll probably be floating around the back of afew minds..

If things got so bad at Hillsborough, so bad that the clubs future was in serious jeapody (as if it already isn't) and so bad amongst what's left of our fanbase, would Wednesdayite as a group be ready to entertain the idea of forming a breakaway club along the same lines as an AFC Wimbledon or FC United?

Obviously there are differeing reasons as to the formation of those 2 clubs, aswell as others that have sprouted, but one thing that does seem to commonly link them is how much the fans love it. AFC Wimbledon have been one of the best supported clubs outside of the Football League since they were formed, and i have a friend who supports FC United who says as a supporter he has never had it so good. Supporting Football in it's purest form. Cheering on players who aren't fancy dan foreigners or journeyman out for the money, being able to stand on terracing singing your heart out without fear of over zealous coppers or tannoy announcements telling you to sit down and be quiet.. and probably most important, affordable football that anyone can watch.. and on a Saturday afternoon. I think there's alot to be said for it..

While some people will probably attack the idea as showing a disregard for SWFC, it should probably be noted that i'm not suggesting this happens now. But if things got to such a desperate state at S6, even more so than it is now, would Wednesdayite and the fans in general be prepared to take a stand, make a big step and join the increasing number of fans who are finding themselves re-invigorated by these sort of clubs?

I would still follow the lads if they were in the conference and below once wednesday always wednesday