Barry Bannan names the ‘benchmark’ club that he wants Sheffield Wednesday to be like (not rocket science who he picked!)

More reason to believe there's summat in the recent rumours? 😃

"When asked by Ally McCoist who he thinks will go up from the Championship this season, Bannan said:

“I would like to see Ipswich go up, obviously with them coming up through League One last season, I think they’ve been unbelievable. And for teams like ourselves, that’s the benchmark, and you can learn a lot from teams like that.”

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/barry-bannan-names-the-benchmark-club-that-he-wants-sheffield-wednesday-to-be-like/

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"It's up to Chansiri to take notes" on Ipswich 

:Chansiri:

Like that's ever going up happen

WTF:

Can't we model ourselves on Real Madrid? 

Get Jude Bellingham on loan for next season, and maybe we could kick on ...

lol

As it appears Bazza won't be getting a new contract from DC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wonder Spaniel said:

Been knocking about with Neymarv too much.

Rumour has it the Marvin has been spotted in a John Deer showroom recently. Make of that what you will. 

Unfortunately for Marv, Ipswich will be shopping in a different shop if they go up.

• Haha 1

To copy the Ipswich approach you need to spend big on good young talent with growth potential. But to do that you need a lot of money, and patience. It took a couple of years of major investment under Cook initially, then McKenna, before they really got on a roll. 

Very few clubs at their level have that sort of money. We did 7 or 8 years ago but went for the short term approach of buying proven experience. It almost worked, but we all know what happened after that.

Unless Chansiri finds £10m down the sofa we aren’t going to be copying Ipswich, and I don’t see many other clubs doing that either.

Also Ipswich are right on the cusp of breaching FFP rules for the last 3 years. If they don’t go up this season then I imagine they’ll need to sell one at least one of their major assets just to balance the books.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, paulrs said:

Also Ipswich are right on the cusp of breaching FFP rules for the last 3 years. If they don’t go up this season then I imagine they’ll need to sell one at least one of their major assets just to balance the books.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24205309.ipswich-town-club-receive-significant-investment/