Under Pressure

Don’t think WBA or Norwich will be going easy on the last day.

Theres still the decided of 5th and 6th. Would Norwich want a 2 legged tie against Ipswich? I know they have a good record against them in recent games but would you want that in the playoffs?

And as Carlos showed. Throwing the last game does nothing for you.

If we get 3 more points I think we stay up.

If we get 2 I think it'll be a coin flip.

1 or less and we are down.

No wonder there are heart problems in my family, it's every b@stard year 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah I’ve mentioned this a few times too but it’s even more the case now that we’re finally out of the drop zone and, albeit only by a point, have a slither of daylight from it.

Our target has been the same all year. Arguably even before we kicked a ball, but certainly since Röhl came in. Dig ourselves out and beat the odds. The mentality for us is the same for the last 2 games as it’s been for the last 44. 

Some sides around us have not been in that same gear. Some of them look like they still aren’t. I really do think this stuff matters in a dog fight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

Starting to think the best result is a Huddersfield win and not the 0-0 draw

Yep

Wednesday and Huddersfield win and we’re almost there 

I think today epitomised us under Röhl. We’re a gritty side when our backs are up against the wall. We’ve had many setbacks but we keep fighting. We’ve arguably got more fight than the teams around us. If I was a Blackburn or Plymouth Fan, I’d be sh!tt’ng myself. One of them will drop IMO.

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think today epitomised us under Röhl. We’re a gritty side when our backs are up against the wall. We’ve had many setbacks but we keep fighting. We’ve arguably got more fight than the teams around us. If I was a Blackburn or Plymouth Fan, I’d be sh!tt’ng myself. One of them will drop IMO.

The current bottom 3 will go down IMO. 

Edited by owls maniac

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

The current bottom 3 will go down IMO. 

All depends on next weeks result between the 2. Got a feeling Huddersfield will win. I think Plymouth will lose their 2 games. Blackburn might fall lucky with playing Coventry given today’s events but they’re a side short on confidence as their keeper’s display showed.

It will be interesting to see how the other teams and also Wednesday react.

I personally think another 3 points and we have a chance of staying up, 4 points and it is a good chance.  6 and it ia obvioualy nailed on.  

Let us not underestimate the task at hand. I still think it is slightly still stacked against us, especially if Birmingham beat Huddersfield.  Don't want to have to get a win at the Stadium of Light on the last league game of the season.

Danny, the coaching team and the players have given themselves a real chance.  All of us would have taken that when Röhl took over.  Amazing.

Edited by Marro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WBA is going to be a really tough game.

I think we are reliant on others still. A Hudders win in a game where they could be relegated would be needed for me.

Maybe that sends us back in on GD but then going into the final day Ipswich might still be in the top 2 hunt and we travel to a poorly performing Sunderland.

So many ifs and buts to come.

Rather a draw between Huddersfield & Birmingham, then a draw against WBA will still keep us out of the bottom three, we cant be in the bottom three going into the last match after getting our way out of it, we have to have it in our own hands, not depend on others losing to a top team after last weekend

• Like 3