Danny Röhl on the SWFC infrastructure

With Wednesday’s large fanbase, the potential is there, but Röhl needs assurances that he will be backed, and that the infrastructure will be improved.

During the winter Röhl had to cancel some training sessions because Wednesday’s training ground does not have undersoil heating. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/danny-Röhl-meet-coach-who-can-save-sheffield-wednesday-s0ptv6c52

Owlstalk Shop

“It [relegation] is not in my mind right now, but even if you go down, it could be a chance to bring good things together and make a good run, then, when you get promoted [to the Championship], you want to do something like Ipswich [who are targeting automatic promotion to the Premier League] has done,” he says. 

“We need to discuss, to understand the strategy [for next season].”

Hopefully Chansiri feels the same and is working on that long-term plan.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

“It [relegation] is not in my mind right now, but even if you go down, it could be a chance to bring good things together and make a good run, then, when you get promoted [to the Championship], you want to do something like Ipswich [who are targeting automatic promotion to the Premier League] has done,” he says. 

“We need to discuss, to understand the strategy [for next season].”

God I love him

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

With Wednesday’s large fanbase, the potential is there, but Röhl needs assurances that he will be backed, and that the infrastructure will be improved.

During the winter Röhl had to cancel some training sessions because Wednesday’s training ground does not have undersoil heating. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/danny-Röhl-meet-coach-who-can-save-sheffield-wednesday-s0ptv6c52

embarrassing. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

embarrassing. 

Exactly. This bloke has been assistant manager at Southampton, RB Leipzig, Bayern Munich and the German national team. I bet he can't believe what he's been faced with here. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, briggowl said:

It's surely DC's last chance to do right by SWFC!

Please DC listen to Danny

He’s got a chance, just a slim one, but a chance of even actually gaining some favour with the fans. Like you say, his last chance. Danny’s throwing him a lifeline but I don’t know if he can recognise it or if he even wants to recognise it.

Sooner DC sells up the better. 9 years of mainly sh!t tells you nothing will change. If he was clued up with regards to football he would’ve changed the way he runs things here long before now?

• Like 4

How many Championship clubs have training pitches with undersoil heating though. I wouldn't have thought that many apart from those that have been in the PL recently.

Then again if the Hillsborough pitch had been maintained properly and was in top order, a few training sessions on it wouldn't hurt it.

• Like 5

Sigh. That makes for grim reading because we know there is no plan.

Other than a scoreboard and some comfy dugout chairs, everything has gone backwards in the last 9 years.

We’ll miss you Röhl, please keep us up before you get bored of working for him

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

How many Championship clubs have training pitches with undersoil heating though. I wouldn't have thought that many apart from those that have been in the PL recently.

Then again if the Hillsborough pitch had been maintained properly and was in top order, a few training sessions on it wouldn't hurt it.

It’s a good point, then you see we’ve chuck over £100million away during his tenure. It would be in some way forgivable if the bogs weren’t still leaking on the Kop etc. 

• Like 1