The Real Problem

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well done (as always) to Rob Staton for absolutely nailing this loser to the wall using just pure stats, facts and truth

Unfortunately neither facts or the truth seems to matter much anymore..

Agreed though Rob did a decent job holding those bizarre comments to account. 

It's still a good show worth listening to after the match! Some crackers on there! 

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I loved how he thought the Chansiri threat over the tax bill was 'tongue-in-cheek'

He didn't really believe it though
He was just put on the spot as being asked to explain his logic behind supporting the chairman and collapsed into a wetwipe frenzy of confusion
They always do

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

In League 1, the players were paid handsomely for the level mate. We also chased Mallik Wilks all summer and paid a sizeable fee for him as well as (reportedly) paying him £10k/week. Yeah we know how that one turned out but nonetheless this was quite a big statement at the time, aswell as the signings of Vaulks, Smith, and Ihiekwe, who were technically Championship players.

Could be wrong but didn’t Chansiri allude to the fact that if we didn’t get promoted then we would be in trouble? 

If we go down, the income will be lower, TV money will be much less and we will definitely see lower crowds next season (regardless of league) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Could be wrong but didn’t Chansiri allude to the fact that if we didn’t get promoted then we would be in trouble? 

If we go down, the income will be lower, TV money will be much less and we will definitely see lower crowds next season (regardless of league) 

Not sure mate, I think in L1 the FFP/P&S per-se is not an issue, I think it’s purely up to the respective owners as to how much that clubs can chuck at it. As we now know from his inane ramblings at various points these last 9 months, our erstwhile owner is now only putting in essential money so I don’t think the budget for 24/25 will be as good as it was for 21/22 and 22/23?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

so I don’t think the budget for 24/25 will be as good as it was for 21/22 and 22/23?

especially as the take up for the early season tickets hasn't been anywhere as before

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Not sure mate, I think in L1 the FFP/P&S per-se is not an issue, I think it’s purely up to the respective owners as to how much that clubs can chuck at it. As we now know from his inane ramblings at various points these last 9 months, our erstwhile owner is now only putting in essential money so I don’t think the budget for 24/25 will be as good as it was for 21/22 and 22/23?

It’s different. There is a wage cap based on 60% of turnover. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Rob dealt with that call expertly.

I can’t believe some fans still defend him and even to defend giving Xisco the job! 

Rob does great

All you have to do with these people is ask them to explain the thinking behind their pro-chansiri stance, and then just challenge them on their version of 'facts'

They soon crumble because they have NOTHING 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop