A positive take?

We get relegated, but Danny stays with the intention of building his own team with a group of young players he can mould and improve, and we bounce back, winning L1 with stylish, attacking football.  

Appreciate this is highly unlikely but just maybe DR doesn’t jump ship (perhaps the right club don’t come knocking) and the players leaving out of contract free up enough wages to bring in some reasonable new talent. 

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility?  I know Chansiri is the obvious blocker to this, but I still can’t get my head around why he invested to bring in Danny and the full coaching team in the first place.  

For clarity, I can’t stand Chansiri. 

Edited by Sparkwell76

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri is the obvious blocker to this

Yes, probably.  I’m just trying to rectify my sense of utter deflation, particularly when we can so close to escaping the relegation zone and then bombed.  

• Like 2

If Röhl did stay, which I doubt, I expect he would tactically dominate L1.

I've no doubt that given the backing Ipswich had or the football infrastructure Plymouth had, Röhl would deliver a similar outcome to their promotion season. 

The constant problem is Chansiri. He's the anchor  (insert own wordplay joke here) which drags everyone else down. 

• Like 1

I'd much rather we fight and scrape our way over the line to stay up

Then Danny rebuilds the squad how he wants it for a full reset in the Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why when it comes to us do we have to spend money to get promoted we can't do it on the cheap like pigs or Luton or Burnley ( under dyche) I'm sure there are others. Hopefully Danny can put a winning team together on a shoestring cos that's all he'll have

4 minutes ago, onslow said:

I'd much rather we fight and scrape our way over the line to stay up

Then Danny rebuilds the squad how he wants it for a full reset in the Championship

Absolutely, but seems unlikely…

44 minutes ago, Sparkwell76 said:

Yes, probably.  I’m just trying to rectify my sense of utter deflation, particularly when we can so close to escaping the relegation zone and then bombed.  

We're not down yet

Hopefully Röhl can pull it off

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

All I can offer is…..never, ever, try and get your head around what Chansiri does.

You’d be better off spending your time discussing Quantum Theory with an insect. And it would make more sense.

Yes, fair point well made. 

We'll go down, Röhl will leave and we'll get some foreign nobody or journeyman type as manager.

Bannan retires, all the loanees and most of the out of contract players leave.

We'll get in some more loanees and injury prone has beens looking for a last pay day.

We end in mid table having being in the bottom half for a good part of the season.

Chansiri goes nowhere and the crowds dwindle.

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

In my mind if we get relegated Sunderland will appoint Röhl they are just sat back waiting 

Yeh I thought that a few weeks ago, but I'm not so sure now. I like him, want to keep him, but a relegation, 6-0 thumping, surrender at Udders and M'brough, plus what may come in the next 6 matches, aint good on your cv. They want more.

8 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Yeh I thought that a few weeks ago, but I'm not so sure now. I like him, want to keep him, but a relegation, 6-0 thumping, surrender at Udders and M'brough, plus what may come in the next 6 matches, aint good on your cv. They want more.

They know what his capabilities are and will a few weeks hoping we are relegated 

4 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

We get relegated, but Danny stays with the intention of building his own team with a group of young players he can mould and improve, and we bounce back, winning L1 with stylish, attacking football.  

Appreciate this is highly unlikely but just maybe DR doesn’t jump ship (perhaps the right club don’t come knocking) and the players leaving out of contract free up enough wages to bring in some reasonable new talent. 

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility?  I know Chansiri is the obvious blocker to this, but I still can’t get my head around why he invested to bring in Danny and the full coaching team in the first place.  

For clarity, I can’t stand Chansiri. 

I mean the question here is how much did chansiri invest in brining in this management team 

a) he needed a team because he didn't have any 

b) first time manager second time application youngest manager in football league, his team are made up of out of contract staff or staff from a much lower league status than ours did he invest that much or did Danny assemble a pretty strong team? 

I've some blind optimism that DR will stay even after relegation purely because it's his first role he will want to not have as a failure in, he knows the club, and he will a very strong rebuild job in the summer with ( if relegated ) one of if not the highest budgets in the division 

my doubts is chansiri. I pray for an takeover announcement before the season starts again 

• Like 1