A positive take?

8 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Why when it comes to us do we have to spend money to get promoted we can't do it on the cheap like pigs or Luton or Burnley ( under dyche) I'm sure there are others. Hopefully Danny can put a winning team together on a shoestring cos that's all he'll have

Unfortunately that shoestring is so frayed it's down to it's last thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

We get relegated, but Danny stays with the intention of building his own team with a group of young players he can mould and improve, and we bounce back, winning L1 with stylish, attacking football.  

Appreciate this is highly unlikely but just maybe DR doesn’t jump ship (perhaps the right club don’t come knocking) and the players leaving out of contract free up enough wages to bring in some reasonable new talent. 

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility?  I know Chansiri is the obvious blocker to this, but I still can’t get my head around why he invested to bring in Danny and the full coaching team in the first place.  

For clarity, I can’t stand Chansiri. 

1) he won’t stay

2) if he does, he’ll have zero money to spend

3) good players don’t want to play in league one 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

We get relegated, but Danny stays with the intention of building his own team with a group of young players he can mould and improve, and we bounce back, winning L1 with stylish, attacking football.  

Appreciate this is highly unlikely but just maybe DR doesn’t jump ship (perhaps the right club don’t come knocking) and the players leaving out of contract free up enough wages to bring in some reasonable new talent. 

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility?  I know Chansiri is the obvious blocker to this, but I still can’t get my head around why he invested to bring in Danny and the full coaching team in the first place.  

We had this chance two years ago, instead DC expected instant promotion but with the club under an embargo because of him, it was limited to free agents and loans.

instead of giving youth a chance the team got older and older.

the only way, their is any sort of player revolution is with investment into the team something we will never get until there is new ownership.

24 minutes ago, Rogers said:

1) he won’t stay

2) if he does, he’ll have zero money to spend

3) good players don’t want to play in league one 

Up and coming youngsters are our best hope of building a good team for the longer term regardless of which division we are in.

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Up and coming youngsters are our best hope of building a good team for the longer term regardless of which division we are in.

I agree and I think a lot of clubs are realizing this, unfortunately we've only produced Palmer and Dawson in the past couple of decades that have amassed a decent amount of first team appearances. And they are often the target of the boo boys.  

Even if we had the infrastructure and scouting network in place, which we don't, it would take at least a decade until we could build a core of developed players. 

22 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

I hope you are right I'd love to see Danny give it 3 to 4 years here and really build something. Chansiri will almost certainly put pay to that some how though