Fan arrested for chant

It's getting better and being reported more. There were thousands at games 30-40 years ago making racist chants. And I think the 'Munich' and 'murderers' chants have been happening for years. Probably since straight after 1985 for the latter.

• Like 1

Just now, modboy said:

Never forget our “Munich night” at old Trafford. Carnage after that game 

That was just a misunderstanding though wasn’t it, nothing to do with the air disaster on our part 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Miffed said:

That was just a misunderstanding though wasn’t it, nothing to do with the air disaster on our part 

B@lls it was. They knew exactly what they were doing. The explanation that it was just part of our regular repertoire was disingenuous and hollow. It got more used in that one game than I'd seen for months before it combined.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

B@lls it was. They knew exactly what they were doing. The explanation that it was just part of our regular repertoire was disingenuous and hollow. It got more used in that one game than I'd seen for months before it combined.

is this true mate? 

I wasn’t at that game but I remember we used to do it quite a lot at games following the Kaiserslautern tie. Always assumed that it got misunderstood by the man united supporters that night 

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

is this true mate? 

I wasn’t at that game but I remember we used to do it quite a lot at games following the Kaiserslautern tie. Always assumed that it got misunderstood by the man united supporters that night 

It was used occasionally after the Kaiserslautern game as I recall. But my impression at Old Trafford is that it was very much being done 'at' the home supporters in a way it normally wasn't with the arms out wide and all that. Of course, it was at least a bit more subtle than another chant we had at the time which was much more specific, but for reasons of taste I won't quote it here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

is this true mate? 

I was there too and I think it was somewhere in between. Our fans sang the dambusters theme regularly around that time (some with accompanying plane actions) and did so again in this game. The difference here being, on realising how much it irritated the Man U fans it was then sung much more than usual.

I don't think it was initially sung with the intention of referring to Munich.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Never regarded our fans lower than that Kaiserslautern game

The German fans thought it was funny and started singing Roll Out The Barrel...we were drinking with some of them afterwards and non of them were angry about it 

Guest Monkowl
2 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-liverpool-fa-arrest-32377807.amp

Just heard on the radio that 2 have been arrested for it and another for a racist offence. 

Can't help thinking we're going backwards in regards to supporter behaviour. Or is it just getting reported more?

What’s this got to do with SWFC fans ?? 

1 hour ago, Dunkstar said:

I was there too and I think it was somewhere in between. Our fans sang the dambusters theme regularly around that time (some with accompanying plane actions) and did so again in this game. The difference here being, on realising how much it irritated the Man U fans it was then sung much more than usual.

I don't think it was initially sung with the intention of referring to Munich.

I was there and knew nothing of Munich tbh (aged 16), but… I’m sure some did.

scariest night if my life being an away fan. Everyone getting assaulted by the mancs, cars and coaches having their windows put through, police telling us to hide but not in pubs etc. 

Didn’t someone then drop concrete on a united car from a bridge on the Stockbridge bypass for the return leg? 

Guest Monkowl
1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

This is the General Football part of the forum. 

Sorry.  I apologise