Throwing pool balls at away fans now

47 minutes ago, Monkowl said:

You must have been at a different tram stop to me because the one just up from away end after the match was absolute carnage and I can tell you now that was entirely Wednesday fans attacking Leeds fans and leeds fans actually jumping over railings into hillsborough park to get out of way of Wednesday idiots.  My son had a Wednesday hat on he’s only 12 and coppers wouldn’t let us even go no where near tram stop because if the disorder   It was chaos up there and I’ve noticed that’s the single most serious flash point after all big games. Why police let them all out together I’ll never know 

It’s a huge flashpoint at big games. Always bother and often carries on down Middlewood Road. Bottleneck. Police should direct away fans to the Middlewood Road tram stop. Would be easy to do sending them right at the junction when they walk up Leppings Lane.  A bit further to walk but would allow home fans to dissipate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Monkowl said:

You must have been at a different tram stop to me because the one just up from away end after the match was absolute carnage and I can tell you now that was entirely Wednesday fans attacking Leeds fans and leeds fans actually jumping over railings into hillsborough park to get out of way of Wednesday idiots.  My son had a Wednesday hat on he’s only 12 and coppers wouldn’t let us even go no where near tram stop because if the disorder   It was chaos up there and I’ve noticed that’s the single most serious flash point after all big games. Why police let them all out together I’ll never know 

It was Hillsborough Park. 100% our lot giving it the big un and a dozen Leeds maybe more ran into them and those that didn't run got done.

It's all well and good acting like big men and wanting a reputation 30 years after it finished.

Pathetic.

Was talking about the pool balls incident at work thinking we'd reached a new low, when the Millwall and West Ham fans started telling me similar stories of missiles being thrown. Traffic cones, bricks, coins, bottles - even one of those yellow plastic slippery surface signs.

We really have a serious problem at Wednesday, but it's happening at other clubs. The difference that's disheartening is that I don't trust the leadership at S6 to get a grip and put measures in place to remedy it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkowl said:

My route home is up Parkside Road, across Middlewood Road and up Wadsley Lane.  It was chaotic on Friday, worst I've known it since Wolves in the 00's.  Young Wednesday idiots charging about all over the place and mounted police galloping down Leppings Lane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owlsfan_72 said:

Was talking about the pool balls incident at work thinking we'd reached a new low, when the Millwall and West Ham fans started telling me similar stories of missiles being thrown. Traffic cones, bricks, coins, bottles - even one of those yellow plastic slippery surface signs.

We really have a serious problem at Wednesday, but it's happening at other clubs. The difference that's disheartening is that I don't trust the leadership at S6 to get a grip and put measures in place to remedy it.

Aah, the old classic from the 2008 CL final.

IMG_5470.jpeg

• Haha 3

During the Regin of 'Sir' Jack I went to the Old St James park, Newcastle, and they were throwing 50p coins at us, well, being a good Yorkshire man, I picked them up, made quite a bit of money that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

During the Regin of 'Sir' Jack I went to the Old St James park, Newcastle, and they were throwing 50p coins at us, well, being a good Yorkshire man, I picked them up, made quite a bit of money that day.

I remember going there on the old intercity owl train. Being marched through the town when one of them giant cable reels was launched off the top of a building at us then on the train coming back being ambushed with having bricks thrown at the train and nearly every window getting smashed and lots of injuries

On 11/03/2024 at 16:30, CP Company Dresser said:

The thing that makes it even worse is after the game some of our lot are singing about Istanbul at the tram stop...Que 12/15 Leeds run over and the ones who didn't scatter and run are on the floor like 10 pin skittles.

The mentality absolutely baffles me.

I think there's been a couple of generations of kids who have grown up post-proper football violence, and don't know what it was like. Lads who want to carry on like it never went away, but don't understand it, and think it was just about a bit of shouting and pointing across a street. When someone escalates it to more than that and runs at them with the intention of actually hurting them, they don't know how to handle it. Fold like lawn chairs or run off. 

I'm in my late 30's so don't know what it was like in the 70's or 80's either. But I will say the difference between my generation and the young lads today is absolutely frightening in terms of the prevalence of drugs etc. I find it shocking and disgusting to be honest.. not just at the football either, but that's obviously a flash point for it. That finger pointing and shouting now has a horrible, nasty, drug fuelled edge to it that I think has got worse over the last few years, and does seem to be increasing in terms of the problems its causing. It might not be a return to the heights of football violence, but it feels like it's going in the wrong direction - only without half the lads involved having a f*cking clue what they're getting themselves into.

I don't know what the answer is. Other than, unfortunately, maybe some of these lads just need an absolute leathering. Never thought I'd welcome a group of Wednesday fans running into the wrong set of Leeds and getting what they deserve out of it but that's genuinely what being on the North stand on Friday made me feel like. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, owlsfan_72 said:

We have reached a new low, just because other fans do it doesn't make it right ffs

Can’t remember who posted it on Owlstalk. But as soon as the game time was changed to 8pm Friday someone posted ‘Game now 8pm Friday, what could possibly go wrong”

We all had a good idea what could go wrong but were the club, the police, the stewards sufficiently prepared or was it just another cut and paste security operation based on more normal Saturday kick off times?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wisewoodowl said:

My route home is up Parkside Road, across Middlewood Road and up Wadsley Lane.  It was chaotic on Friday, worst I've known it since Wolves in the 00's.  Young Wednesday idiots charging about all over the place and mounted police galloping down Leppings Lane.

Wonder how many actual arrests were made 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My guess would be zero. Lived in that area for many years and seen some bad "goings on" on matchday but of late (when I'm back home) still the same squables but no real police action!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

It might not be a return to the heights of football violence, but it feels like it's going in the wrong direction - only without half the lads involved having a f*cking clue what they're getting themselves into.

I don't know what the answer is. Other than, unfortunately, maybe some of these lads just need an absolute leathering. Never thought I'd welcome a group of Wednesday fans running into the wrong set of Leeds and getting what they deserve out of it but that's genuinely what being on the North stand on Friday made me feel like. 

Brilliant post mate and credit you you.

I'm 56 and I'm not proud of the fact that I was on the fringes in the mid/late 80s and did sling the odd punch at football. United,Huddersfield,Bolton,Derby,Leicester and unfortunately got knocked out at Leeds 😑

This tragedy chanting doesn't sit right with me on any level. The 2 involved in the death of that young lad who followed Sunderland and loved Jermaine Defoe really made me sad. 

Last Friday after the game I was actually walking to the car with my Daughter and grandson and heard this group of our lot screaming at some Leeds fans about lstanbul and the tragic events over there ? A mob of them ran over and properly got into the lads at the tram stop. Normally I would be backing our lot and if I was in different company would probably try and help them but on this occasion I didn't give a fizz. Nasty little ******** who revel in mouthing off about something like that then complain after getting filled in.

Like you say hopefully it knocked a bit of sense in a couple of em. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, CP Company Dresser said:

Brilliant post mate and credit you you.

I'm 56 and I'm not proud of the fact that I was on the fringes in the mid/late 80s and did sling the odd punch at football. United,Huddersfield,Bolton,Derby,Leicester and unfortunately got knocked out at Leeds 😑

This tragedy chanting doesn't sit right with me on any level. The 2 involved in the death of that young lad who followed Sunderland and loved Jermaine Defoe really made me sad. 

Last Friday after the game I was actually walking to the car with my Daughter and grandson and heard this group of our lot screaming at some Leeds fans about lstanbul and the tragic events over there ? A mob of them ran over and properly got into the lads at the tram stop. Normally I would be backing our lot and if I was in different company would probably try and help them but on this occasion I didn't give a fizz. Nasty little ******** who revel in mouthing off about something like that then complain after getting filled in.

Like you say hopefully it knocked a bit of sense in a couple of em. 

Fair play.

I've never thrown a punch at anyone in my life and I'm certainly not a football scrapper. Mostly because I'm pretty sure 99% of the population could put me flat on my a*se in one. No doubt a few have wished they could do exactly that over the course of my 12k posts on here over the last decade.. :duntmatter:

But I'm also not really a shrinking violet or particularly afraid of.. the more partisan side of football, I guess. I've done the boozy away day rounds. I'm on 56 away grounds. Chosen to sit towards the Lepp end of the North (not T1, but not a million miles away) for years because I prioritise atmosphere and don't mind when there's an "edge" I suppose.

But it's ugly and uncomfortable at the minute. I didn't enjoy being in the ground on Friday. Wouldn't go as far as saying I didn't feel "safe", but I didn't enjoy what was going on around me. Maybe it's age, having kids, having "would I want them here?" in the back of my mind, I dunno. The drug taking just seems so prevalent now and I've no time for it. I've no time for lobbing f*cking pool balls of all things. What next, darts? Tragedy chanting can take a hike.

I've seen enough of Elland Road and obviously been most of the time when that lot have been down here, and Friday is the first time I've ever walked away being more ashamed of our fans than being disgusted at their mob.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Fair play.

I've never thrown a punch at anyone in my life and I'm certainly not a football scrapper. Mostly because I'm pretty sure 99% of the population could put me flat on my a*se in one. No doubt a few have wished they could do exactly that over the course of my 12k posts on here over the last decade.. :duntmatter:

But I'm also not really a shrinking violet or particularly afraid of.. the more partisan side of football, I guess. I've done the boozy away day rounds. I'm on 56 away grounds. Chosen to sit towards the Lepp end of the North (not T1, but not a million miles away) for years because I prioritise atmosphere and don't mind when there's an "edge" I suppose.

But it's ugly and uncomfortable at the minute. I didn't enjoy being in the ground on Friday. Wouldn't go as far as saying I didn't feel "safe", but I didn't enjoy what was going on around me. Maybe it's age, having kids, having "would I want them here?" in the back of my mind, I dunno. The drug taking just seems so prevalent now and I've no time for it. I've no time for lobbing f*cking pool balls of all things. What next, darts? Tragedy chanting can take a hike.

I've seen enough of Elland Road and obviously been most of the time when that lot have been down here, and Friday is the first time I've ever walked away being more ashamed of our fans than being disgusted at their mob.

100% pal 👍 

2 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

We have reached a new low, just because other fans do it doesn't make it right ffs

What a strange take.

I literally said we have a serious problem at Wednesday. But that problem isn't exclusive to us. Nowhere did I say that makes it right. 

With the escalation of bad behaviour, the prices and the off the field problems, I'm less inclined to make the 8-hour round trip for home games - which is a huge shame as Danny has given us some of the best football I've seen us play since Carlos or the Di Canio days.

• Like 1

Guest Monkowl
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I passed 1 on floor in handcuffs  1 in handcuffs getting chucked in van  and 2 on hillsborough corner before match getting arrested.  ALL Wednesday fans  all drunk from what I could see / ear.   So that’s 4 I seen alone , makes no difference they just give  them a slap in wrist     Banning orders aren’t really the deterrents they once were either 

Guest Monkowl
6 hours ago, CP Company Dresser said:

It was Hillsborough Park. 100% our lot giving it the big un and a dozen Leeds maybe more ran into them and those that didn't run got done.

It's all well and good acting like big men and wanting a reputation 30 years after it finished.

Pathetic.

Well it might be them lot jumping over railings in to park because coppers had lost all control up there it was madness. I’m sure there was a good 3 or more coppers filming it all so hopefully there will be doors getting knocked on in next few weeks  

3 hours ago, owlsfan_72 said:

What a strange take.

I literally said we have a serious problem at Wednesday. But that problem isn't exclusive to us. Nowhere did I say that makes it right. 

With the escalation of bad behaviour, the prices and the off the field problems, I'm less inclined to make the 8-hour round trip for home games - which is a huge shame as Danny has given us some of the best football I've seen us play since Carlos or the Di Canio days.

No, but you said it's happening at other clubs,which to me infers that's OK it's happening at ours then. Just my take on it