Young James

He’s only young and probably needed a bit of confidence… going from small league 1 grounds to the massive Hillsborough must have been a bit daunting for him! Top GK and that first half save from the deflected shot… class! 

I’m still undecided if I’m honest, I don’t blame the young lad for being where he is but I worry about a lack of leadership and experience vocally for his defence.

Strange decision to me to sign such a young keeper in our situation.

• Like 3

Handling and shot stop look great. 

Ball at his feet 50/50 some great passes and some other poor kicks. Need to accept that from a modern day GK.

My one worry is when he’s coming off his line. Looks a bit slow in deciding whether to come or not.

Does make you wonder. Looked very shaky first few games, and Ugbo whilst showing the odd flash, didn't look what we needed.

A couple of weeks under the coaching team and a massive improvement.

Long long way to go, but is Röhl working his magic on these lads?

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Does make you wonder. Looked very shaky first few games, and Ugbo whilst showing the odd flash, didn't look what we needed.

A couple of weeks under the coaching team and a massive improvement.

Long long way to go, but is Röhl working his magic on these lads?

This.... probably shouldn't have been in the team until he had been here a couple of weeks.... hopefully this is good for his confidence

Over the game for me he along with ugbo were probably motms 

• Like 2

Good performance

Some good saves, very good with short passing and handling near perfect 

Looks like a bit of work to do regarding his judgment on when to come off his line, but on early showings he definitely looks like comfortably the best of the 4 keepers we’ve seen this season 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, malek said:

To be honest He looks class. Intelligent, composed and agile.

It can't be easy standing in goal for side in our situation and behind our back 4.

Complete agree. I don’t get the criticism of his kicking and distribution. His passing is safe as houses and reflects how the manager wants to play. He's not unilaterally just decided to play it short or have the defender pass the ball to him on goal kicks. Thats just how Röhl and 99% of the other managers in the division set up for goal kicks. 

• Like 1

Really like him, only worry last night was a long punt that just about carried into our box and he sort of jumped up and seemed to knee the ball away when I thought he could gather it

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"