Anthony Martial - £250,000 per week

“The 27-year-old signed a five-year extension in 2019 with an option for one more year which means his time at the club may not be over anytime soon.19 Jun 2023”

Not just this guy, but the amount of money Man U (must have, to then) waste on players like this. 

:duntmatter:

The money they get is what's wrong with modern football. 7 or 8 years of an average person's wages in just one week is obscene and quite frankly should not be allowed.\, especially when ultimately that money comes out of the average guys pocket, be it match tickets, merch or TV fees.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

what I don't get is that this was a contract renewal. Martial was signed in 2015 and generally had an average record. 2019 he would've been in his 19-20 season which was his best, 48 games 23 goals, 17 in the PL. So they saw enough that season just justify 250k a week for 5 years. I find that absolutely bizarre.

2 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Man Utd never have a plan. They just Chuck money at average players then blame the manager when it doesn’t work.

Can you name a single Man Utd player that gets in any of the other big 6 sides? Bruno maybe gets on the bench.

Woeful recruitment policy.

Fernandes definitely..

Luke Shaw might interest another top team with him being able to fill in at centre halve now. 

I like McTominay as well. Maybe Martinez when fit? 

But my God, buying Mason Mount was completely pointless, and Erikson as well . Real Madrid don't let top players go either, so well done to them for getting £60 million for Casimiro who looks like he had one season in him, and is now finished. 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Fernandes definitely..

Luke Shaw might interest another top team with him being able to fill in at centre halve now. 

I like McTominay as well. Maybe Martinez when fit? 

But my God, buying Mason Mount was completely pointless, and Erikson as well . Real Madrid don't let top players go either, so well done to them for getting £60 million for Casimiro who looks like he had one season in him, and is now finished. 

Bruno is a good player but his attitude stinks, can’t see him getting first 11 in any of them bar maybe Chelsea.

Martinez is in his way down, Casemiro looks finished.

Mctominnay is a decent player but no more than a squad player at any of the others.

shaw probs gets on the bench at best.

After that it really is a mess for the billion they’ve soent

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Bruno is a good player but his attitude stinks, can’t see him getting first 11 in any of them bar maybe Chelsea.

Martinez is in his way down, Casemiro looks finished.

Mctominnay is a decent player but no more than a squad player at any of the others.

shaw probs gets on the bench at best.

After that it really is a mess for the billion they’ve soent

Agree with this. Fernandes is an awful captain, terrible attitude on the pitch, i cant see him getting away with it at any of the other top 6 clubs.

Luke Shaw i think is their best player, when fully fit. 

The elephant in the room is Rashford on £400k per week, he's making Martial look good value.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Agree with this. Fernandes is an awful captain, terrible attitude on the pitch, i cant see him getting away with it at any of the other top 6 clubs.

Luke Shaw i think is their best player, when fully fit. 

The elephant in the room is Rashford on £400k per week, he's making Martial look good value.

Rashford gets away with it due to being from Manchester.

If he wasn’t English or a fan who’d be cast out like the rest. Having a stinking season and still walks into the England squads.

• Like 1

Its like what Owen said in a recent interview, Money has made millionaires out of bang-average players. 

You look at the current top top players in the prem. Haaland, Salah, Son etc even Kane. These players are going for 100's millions and getting paid stupid wages.
It makes you wonder what top players of the past like Ronaldo R9 , Ronaldinho, and Zidane,   would be worth, theres currently not one 'top' player in the prem that comes close to even lacing these player's boots.

We've turned football into a passing game and pushed out the excitement of a player getting the ball and beating 3--4 players. 😞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Rashford gets away with it due to being from Manchester.

If he wasn’t English or a fan who’d be cast out like the rest. Having a stinking season and still walks into the England squads.

This in a nutshell.

Rashford could lose both legs and Southgate will still have him over Anthony Gordon.

Micah Richards defending Rashford was just daft. Must be mates or something. 

He didn’t bother trying against Newcastle… kids would give their right arm to have those wages at a big club like Man U.  

Sadly these players are so rich it’s just allowed that they can not give a fizz. 

But over to Man U, why are they paying these players so much money to get C rate effort / quality / success. Half of them don’t seem to care what Ten Haag says either. 

Man U must be a bottomless pit of cash. 

I think they play Liverpool soon - another smashing is on the cards. 

Sadly money is the motivation for players these days 

When your a chelsea youth player on 30k a week with zero chance of making it in the first team, getting loaned out every season, what motivation other than money do you have 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Haha. Love this. Blatantly fallen out with Sancho and now possibly others and doesn't want it questioned. 

Ten Hag is spiralling now and at a club as big as Man U that is only going to end one way.

Lopetegui apparently wants back in to the Prem... 

Once the manager starts banning the press from his pre-match conferences it's only going one way. 

Exact same cycle as has befallen the last several or so managers at United since Fergie left. 

They may have some initial success, a decent season or two, and then it all unravels and stories start getting leaked to the press about unhappy players. 

Club is rotten to the core. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Haha. Love this. Blatantly fallen out with Sancho and now possibly others and doesn't want it questioned. 

Bit Weird isn’t it - they wanted the papers to check with the club first if there was a falling out - so Man U could say “ohhhh no, course not!”