We’ve gone 99 years but a trophy ain’t won

53 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I had one at the weekend saying that the old "we were affected more than any other team by COVID and no crowds" 

They actually believe the poo he comes out with

They’re bemoaning injuries aswell - thought that didn’t count 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

I had one at the weekend saying that the old "we were affected more than any other team by COVID and no crowds" 

Ah yes, that's now a "fact" in their heads.

Even though they actually averaged more points per home game behind closed doors after lockdown than they did before it with fans in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Ah yes, that's now a "fact" in their heads.

Even though they actually averaged more points per home game behind closed doors after lockdown than they did before it with fans in. 

It's that true? Wish I'd have known that at the time 

Imagine being so up your own backside to blame a global pandemic for where you are now as a football club. 

Not because of the drop in finances, but because you didn't have a bunch of tramps cheering you on for 18 months. 

Knobs. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

It's that true? Wish I'd have known that at the time 

Yeah they won 3 out of 4 home league games after the season resumed behind closed doors, including against Chelsea and Spurs who both finished above them. 

Yet they seem to have rewritten history and claim they'd have qualified for Europe "if we'd had our fans in".  Utter divs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Been with one today, good friend and nice bloke until he starts talking football.  Claims he's looking forward to next season because he's fed up with VAR "robbing them".   Really I said, so when McBurnie elbowed the keeper and ypu got a penalty you weren't just a little embarassed. He walked off to the toilet.

1 hour ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

They’re bemoaning injuries aswell - thought that didn’t count 🤔

Funny that one.

We were 1 short at football recently and someone brought their mate, a United fan.

He mentioned they were struggling because they have 300 injuries and it affects you… then mentioned if we were still celebrating the 0-0 at theirs. I mentioned the injuries. He said that doesn’t affect 1 game…

They are a special bunch. They’re like Liverpool fans, believe everything but the same topics cannot apply for others.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

They're adept at making stuff up though, (they even still use and believe the 30+ year old fictional "library document" about piggeries!) yet none of them ever question each other. Take this comment from the weekend for example :

[quote] Spent a very nice afternoon, playing darts (badly) at the S6 beer house down at hillsborough tram stop. Nice pub, nice beer etc. Then while walking the very short distance back to my flat, I got WAWAW'd 4 times. They're so weird. Why do they assume that everyone loves them? I'm just a random bloke, walking up the road, so why do they feel the need to ask if I support their shitty little club? [/quote]

I'll take "Things that didn't happen" for £100! I've walked through Hillsborough on matchday literally hundreds of times, and never once has anybody ever randomly said "WAWAW" to me, yet this bloke claims to have it done to them 4 times in a few minutes, yeah of course you did...

Probably wearing a blades shirt but fails to mention it, in which case he probably would get such a response.

The difference is if you reverse that situation it would result in being punched in the face four times 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

It's all this bollards about what a fortress Bramall Lane is and what a hostile atmosphere they create.

Presumably that pre-Covid crowd were all at sat on the settee this year to see them lose games 8-0, 6-0 and a couple of 5-0's.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

They’re such a tremendous home crowd that half of them have f*cked off before half time on three occasions this season. 

The reason they do that though is too let the 3 or 4 thousand extra fans take their seats for the second half. That is why Wilder says they have upwards of 32k fans watching their matches. 

• Haha 2

On 15/04/2024 at 13:19, IWEDFM said:

Think I read it's 3 in 20 if you include the Gillingham cup match

They'd have been better off sticking with Hecky. He couldn't have done any worse 

So he hasn't even managed the new manager bounce then?

He only got the job because the Prince has no clue and is desperate. 

They tried Jokanovic and that didn't work out for whatever reason.

Fell lucky with "Hecky" for a couple of seasons, but then sold two of his best players from under him as they got promoted (not that it would have kept them up, but still).

You then have Wilder in the background, clearly touting himself for the job which serves to undermine "Hecky" in what was already a difficult situation. 

The guy is a proper helmet. 

• Like 4