Make me feel better…

With all the turbulence of the last week - no manager, threadbare squad, feel-good factor gone - it’s got me hoping that there’s some other Championship teams in a real pickle (preferably 3 or more).

Are there any other Championship clubs currently looking like they could be up against it next season with regards to finances, managerial issues, or a (currently) turd squad? 

2 minutes ago, standerino said:

With all the turbulence of the last week - no manager, threadbare squad, feel-good factor gone - it’s got me hoping that there’s some other Championship teams in a real pickle (preferably 3 or more).

Are there any other Championship clubs currently looking like they could be up against it next season with regards to finances, managerial issues, or a (currently) turd squad? 

Football is entertainment.   Enjoy the journey and know that we will never be a top tier in the Prem coz it’s all broken.  

Wednesday are never boring.   

If we crash back down then we get another amazing year in League 1. 

• Like 1

Ok look, I was gutted Moore went too, I was a big fan of his, but he is gone now.

Lets try and look on the bright side then.

Still the same manager that was complicit in throwing away being points clear with games in hand at the top of the league.  We should have had the league sown up tbh.

If he had left when we were 0-4 down after the first leg, would you have said it was the end of the world?  Sure the two performances afterwards were era defining but we should never have needed to win 5-1 just to get to penalities in the first place.

If we had not let 7 go and had kept FDB would you feel that squad was good enough for the championship.

Nothing that has happened other than Moore leaving should be a surprise to anyone.  We dont know why Moore left so lets not invent reasons and get all worked up about them.

Moore is gone, the Squad needs a rebuild and quick and we are probably going to struggle this year.

If Moore had stayed, he and everyone else would still be just getting back from holidays, the squad would still need a rebuild and would probably still struggle this year.  We dont have parachute payments to splurge so we are going to have to do the best we can on a lower to mid end budget.

Not much has changed, We will have a new manager sometime in the next week, and we will be getting new players in soon, we dont have parachute payments to splurge so we are going to have to do the best we can on a lower to mid end budget. 

We are still the team that fought and clawed our way to promotion.  One decent Managerial appointment and all this doom and gloom goes away.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, standerino said:

They have a full squad of players, but I think this qualifies as turd, with the exception of Tom Lees, (plus a 74-year-old Warnock as manager):

Screenshot2023-06-25at12_57_18.png.349d80e94d824b0589e1444e4c2fc786.png

Then there's Cardiff City:

Total debt (as of May 2022) = £123 million

2021-22 season = £29 million loss

Money still owed for Emiliano Sala = £7.5 million (they paid the first instalment in January)

And not a whole lot of sellable assets (McGuinness is rated on one website as the most valuable player in their squad)

46 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

They have a full squad of players, but I think this qualifies as turd, with the exception of Tom Lees, (plus a 74-year-old Warnock as manager):

Jesus ! If Tom Lees is the pick of their squad they’re already relegated 

13 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

For a club that recently played in the premier league and only 12 months ago got to the play off final that's a ******** poor squad for the championship. 

Cardiff would have gone down last season if it wasn’t for others getting points deductions. They might get a points deduction themselves as they have defaulted on the Sala payments and already have huge debts. 

If we don't have a manger by the time season starts, it's back to how we played football as kids... the lads will pick the best XI to start on the pitch and then they hopefully play football to the best of their abilities aiming to score goals and win games.

Maybe we will play well for once! 😄 

16 hours ago, standerino said:

We're on 0 points just like the other 23 teams, so that must be good right?