Rashford

FreshOwl

He's still only 25...

A wide forward with bags of pace and an absolutely lethal shot. As you say, he's clearly been hitting the gym and it is paying off. 

If he can keep this up, then this is a lad who should be aiming for 15 to 20 league goals a season at the very least. 

No defender likes playing against someone quick. 

54 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Good man management from Ten Haag?

Maybe! 

Before this manager Rashford looked like he’d forgotten how to skin people and his shooting wasn’t good. 

Now he’s strong again, fast, doing his skills again. Hitting his shots clean. 

I think we have to remember though sometimes that like any human doing any job, you’ll hit certain levels sometimes and other times you won’t. 

...and he's back to being completely disinterested again. 

Clearly knew that going out two nights on the bounce in Belfast ( by private jet ) was completely out of order, but still did it and phoned in sick for training. 

I think he's a rotten egg at that club now, and if he still has any appetite for football he needs a move away. 

Probably could command a move to a top European club ( I mean, if Eric Dier can sign for Bayern..). 

The common factor with these youngish players is too much too soon isn't it?  success and riches at an early age has caused problems for Lingard, Dele Ali , Rashford and Sancho. 

I have no idea what the answer to this is but I can see players calling it quits in their late 20's if not earlier as time goes on.

Always said he reminds me of Danny Welbeck in terms of ability. Probably just a bit better but not as good as he thinks.

Seems to have a spell where he looks like a world class player but then goes missing for long periods.

There could have been a player in there, but like the ones mentioned above he prefers the lifestyle over the game it seems. 

Sir Alex would have none of it,  though the Rashfords and Sancho's of his era were the Giggs , Sharpes and Beckhams of his. 

I guess in his later years Fergie saw it with Pogba and Ravel Morrison, and bombed them both out. Didn't matter how talented they were. With Pogba, everyone said Fergie had got it wrong but overall I think his judgement with him was sound. 

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Always said he reminds me of Danny Welbeck in terms of ability. Probably just a bit better but not as good as he thinks.

Seems to have a spell where he looks like a world class player but then goes missing for long periods.

There could have been a player in there, but like the ones mentioned above he prefers the lifestyle over the game it seems. 

Tbf, Wellbeck had rotten luck with injuries. 

Rashford has a rotten attitude. 

5 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Used to love how well Danny Welbeck played for England, the set up an International game just used to suit him so well. 

Showing what a good player he is at Brighton.

Bit of chicken and egg about it for me.

The general atmosphere and vibe around United is absolutely honking. They look like a group of mercenaries and regardless of what anyone says about Ten Hag, at times it seems like he's managing a rebellious U11's side. To me Rashford seems like he's just defeated by it and looks like a man desperate for a fresh start somewhere else.

It's also entirely possible that he is part of that problem in the first place. I don't think any of us can say for certain either way.

48 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Hopefully Toney keeps scoring & stops the dinner lady going to Germany.

Although negative Nigel has his favourites so who knows? 

Toney would be the answer to who plays instead of Kane if he's injured or rested. Watkins and Calvert Lewin haven't looked good enough when given a chance.

Rashford seems to play well for England more often than not, and will be there as wide forward. 

As you say, one of Southgates favourites as well so he doesn't need to be playing to make the plane to Germany. 

• Like 1