SWFC Online Ticket Website

Please please please Mr C, can we have a new ticket website for Christmas?

The current one looks like it has been designed by an A level IT student. 

Why is it so clunky and user unfriendly? I thought the Newcastle match was missing until I realised I had to press a tiny button at the bottom to show more games. Then when submitting payment it takes you on to this hideous page with all weird font like its on Microsoft Word 2003. 

Why does it not give you a view from the seat like on most ticket websites?

Its absolutely woeful for a club our size and I imagine plenty of fans just give up on it. 

Please, Mr Chairman. We've been good fans this year, lets see some minor investment on the off field infrastructure and not just settle for the cheapest option. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Our online store and ticket system hasn’t progressed out of the 90s

It really is woeful.

It along with the “megastore” needs scrapping and starting again. Truly woeful both of them.

In an era when there are soooo many tech companies and start ups who could offer us a much more user friendly and better looking platform I genuinely have no idea why we persist with this rubbish (other than the fact it must be dirt cheap). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

No it doesnt , print st home are free

Yep I know, I meant they offer you the choice of paying for delivery or you have to print the ticket. I genuinely can't recall the last time I used a printer. We really need to install the technology so that you can scan your smartphone at the turnstile. I know for a fact Chesterfield offer this, and they are in the conference. 

Edited by owls maniac
  • Like 1

Many football clubs get their website from the same provider. Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town, Oxford United, Rotherham United, Barnsley, Mansfield Town, Luton Town are but a few that share exactly the same website development company as Wednesday.

But I am finding that the higher you are up the leagues, the more likely clubs have commissioned a unique website - including those just down the road from us.

When budget allows, it's something Wednesday should invest in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

Many football clubs get their website from the same provider. Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town, Oxford United, Rotherham United, Barnsley, Mansfield Town, Luton Town are but a few that share exactly the same website development company as Wednesday.

But I am finding that the higher you are up the leagues, the more likely clubs have commissioned a unique website - including those just down the road from us.

Yes ive noticed this too. 

There must be so many providers out there now who can knock us something up that makes it as convenient as possible. This area of the business is only going to get bigger and bigger. 

I've never personally had a problem with the ticket site? 

I've used Everton's and man City's in the past 12 month and there's little in it (I'd say ours is actually better than Everton's).

I think it's run by SeatGeek who do most of the big leagues across the world.

Could do with accepting Google Pay/ Pay Pal etc. To save tapping the full card details out everytime.

I'd hang fire with demanding etickets, yes it's pretty straight forward, but as a fan group we're a bit thick on stuff like this. There's not a big cup/play off match goes by where we don't end up with a huge queue of people kicking off at ticket office staff because they've not read the simple instructions on selecting their season ticket seat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, musingowl said:

I've never personally had a problem with the ticket site? 

I've used Everton's and man City's in the past 12 month and there's little in it (I'd say ours is actually better than Everton's).

I think it's run by SeatGeek who do most of the big leagues across the world.

Could do with accepting Google Pay/ Pay Pal etc. To save tapping the full card details out everytime.

I'd hang fire with demanding etickets, yes it's pretty straight forward, but as a fan group we're a bit thick on stuff like this. There's not a big cup/play off match goes by where we don't end up with a huge queue of people kicking off at ticket office staff because they've not read the simple instructions on selecting their season ticket seat.

We absolutely should invest in e-ticketing. Most of our fanbase will be familiar with it for things such as boarding passes and tickets for other events. Its been around for a few years now. 

People are moving away from printers, so we need to keep making it as easy as possible for people to purchase tickets and get to games.  

• Thanks 1

It's better than it was, I think to say it hasn't progressed from the 90's just isn't fair. There are lots of aspects around the club you can say that about but I don't think the online ticket service is one of them.

Could it be better? Absolutely and bits of it need to be clearer, for example I hear all the time about people not being able to see the games that should be available to them as a season ticket holder but they haven't signed in, that should be clearer to people.

Ultimately I don't think there is the money available to properly upgrade it and I don't think it's a high enough priority at the moment.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's better than it was, I think to say it hasn't progressed from the 90's just isn't fair. There are lots of aspects around the club you can say that about but I don't think the online ticket service is one of them.

Could it be better? Absolutely and bits of it need to be clearer, for example I hear all the time about people not being able to see the games that should be available to them as a season ticket holder but they haven't signed in, that should be clearer to people.

Ultimately I don't think there is the money available to properly upgrade it and I don't think it's a high enough priority at the moment.

Thats it for me. Just making it more user friendly. And getting e-tickets. 

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

In an era when there are soooo many tech companies and start ups who could offer us a much more user friendly and better looking platform I genuinely have no idea why we persist with this rubbish (other than the fact it must be dirt cheap). 

I've contacted them on numerous occasions, and said I would provide my services at a reasonable rate being a fan. I've provided them with parts of my portfolio so they can see the types of sites I've built. Despite all of this, I've never had a single reply.

5 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

The budget wouldn't even need to be north of about £5 - 7.5K. There is little point in Wednesday getting bespoke applications written for say ticketing or Ecommerce. There are so many SaaS ticketing systems, built and supported by a dedicated team of developers, and Ecommerce frameworks that simply require "plugging" in to a new site.

Granted, you have a to host a site somewhere, but even with auto-scaling enterprise servers you won't be looking at more than a couple of hundred a month, if that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Thats it for me. Just making it more user friendly. And getting e-tickets. 

I agree and you could probably tie it in to the whole website in fairness.

iFollow, tickets, merchandise, news. It's all a bit of a mess really. Fine if you know where to go and what to look for, not so good for the casual viewer.

1 hour ago, onslow said:

Yeah it’s rubbish. We should shut it down completely and go back to queuing round the car park and down Penistone Road, huffing at the queue jumpers for 6 hours

them were't days, nipping down in yer dinner hour [12.45 to 13.30, always going to be a bit of a push] and getting back to work at 16.00 did it on one occasion, boss thought I'd either gone home or left [no mobile phones to keep him updated] good as gold he were, very understanding on more than one occasion [actually a Bl*de, long gone now bless him]. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1