Up to now review

Quick review of first few games:

Ok but could do better.

Defence looks dodgy, worrying amount of goals conceded from crosses into box. Good sides don’t allow this.

Fortunate to win against Charlton. They were a lot better than us for 70 mins, they should have done better. They look a better side than us.

We are scoring goals which is good. 
But not convinced yet of course.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sheff44 said:

Ok but could do better.

Defence looks dodgy, worrying amount of goals conceded from crosses into box. Good sides don’t allow this.

Fortunate to win against Charlton. They were a lot better than us for 70 mins, they should have done better. They look a better side than us.

Only scored one goal from open play in the last 3 games.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Ok but could do better.

We've scored 5 goals in 4 games.  3 of those in a single game.

We again look like a very average team.

• Like 2

Too early to flap but plainly not a good start.

4 games

7 points - ok

5 scored - need better

5 conceded - poor

2 reds

New striker injured

Main left CB bad injury

2nd choice left CB misses 3 games

Revolving door midfield

However, pick up 3 or 4 points v Bolton and FGR and we’ll be close to auto form. Definitely need to see an upturn in performance soon and to solve our midfield puzzle.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’d love to see a fan manage Wednesday seeing we’re all experts 🤣🤣🤣

Not what I expected the games so far have been well below standard, bookies favourites!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’d love to see a fan manage Wednesday seeing we’re all experts 🤣🤣🤣

No-one has claimed to be an expert.  

But Wednesday have hired the expert to do the job, and given the resources too. Imagine asking a sparky round to rewire the house, and he puts the cooker in the bathroom, the fridge outside, and the doorbell in the living room.   You might question him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with that assessment.

Moore is a man under pressure but it's way too early to be calling for his head just yet. The most obvious area of concern is our defence - they've got to get better at dealing with crosses and quickly!

And how do you solve a problem like having 5 or 6 first team midfielders fighting for 3 positions? I can't work out if it's a hindrance or an advantage at this stage. No doubt gives us options from the bench to change games, but also turns into a bit of a midfield merry-go-round and loses that constancy of a settled team.

It's a meh start to the season for me. Achieved the minimum points I thought we'd get from the first four games. Some tough games coming up though... Bolton, Barnsley, Plymouth, Ipswich, Wycombe, etc.

3 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Agree with that assessment.

Moore is a man under pressure but it's way too early to be calling for his head just yet. The most obvious area of concern is our defence - they've got to get better at dealing with crosses and quickly!

And how do you solve a problem like having 5 or 6 first team midfielders fighting for 3 positions? I can't work out if it's a hindrance or an advantage at this stage. No doubt gives us options from the bench to change games, but also turns into a bit of a midfield merry-go-round and loses that constancy of a settled team.

It's a meh start to the season for me. Achieved the minimum points I thought we'd get from the first four games. Some tough games coming up though... Bolton, Barnsley, Plymouth, Ipswich, Wycombe, etc.

This looks about right to me. Moore is under pressure for sure as we are favourites for the league. And I’m absolutely sure DC expects promotion this year. But game four isn’t the time DC will be thinking about Moore’s future. 

Yesterday didn’t tell us that much really. Other than it’s hard to play with 10 men for an hour and we are susceptible to crosses from the right. Fixing the issue with crosses (or not fixing it) will determine DMs fate IMO. 

The midfield albeit a problem is still more of a good problem to have IMO. In my extensive experience as a Wednesdayite I expect it to resolve itself as the usual injuries kick in over the season. 

What’s annoying me quite a bit is we haven’t had Smith fit. I want to see how having that different option would change things for us. 

Three points on Saturday will put us back on track. A draw will be satisfactory. A loss will see the Owlstalk meltdown go into overdrive. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This looks about right to me. Moore is under pressure for sure as we are favourites for the league. And I’m absolutely sure DC expects promotion this year. But game four isn’t the time DC will be thinking about Moore’s future. 

Yesterday didn’t tell us that much really. Other than it’s hard to play with 10 men for an hour and we are susceptible to crosses from the right. Fixing the issue with crosses (or not fixing it) will determine DMs fate IMO. 

The midfield albeit a problem is still more of a good problem to have IMO. In my extensive experience as a Wednesdayite I expect it to resolve itself as the usual injuries kick in over the season. 

What’s annoying me quite a bit is we haven’t had Smith fit. I want to see how having that different option would change things for us. 

Three points on Saturday will put us back on track. A draw will be satisfactory. A loss will see the Owlstalk meltdown go into overdrive. 

Got a bad feeling about smith me.

Think it could be one of those transfers that on paper is brilliant but in reality just doesn’t work. Think he’ll either be injured or when fit doesn’t get a run of games he needs or we just don’t play how we need to with him on the field. I hope I’m wrong but can just see it.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Got a bad feeling about smith me.

Think it could be one of those transfers that on paper is brilliant but in reality just doesn’t work. Think he’ll either be injured or when fit doesn’t get a run of games he needs or we just don’t play how we need to with him on the field. I hope I’m wrong but can just see it.

I suppose that’s why I’m frustrated. I can see it go either way. He’s either the missing piece of the Jigsaw and him and Gregory are unstoppable, or he’s in and out, injured and is yet another flop. I just want to know! 

• Like 1

Forwards need to pull thier fingers out and stick some in onion bag as of now they are shocking...

Take pressure off rest of team..

How many shots have our forwards had in these games be an intresting stat.

Apart from Sow's goal which he took really well..

I hope Smith comes in firing because we don't look like any threat up top at the minute..

Hold up play aside...

UTO.....

23 manager in the league know our weakness can you guess the one that doesn't.

we cannot defend crosses, we have conceded all the goals down our left flank and crosses into the box.

simple way to sort it play a left back / defensive winger. But instead we keep playing Johnson there good going forward, a liability defending. We have centre backs who cannot challenge the balls coming in, we get rid of Hutch and replace him with someone different every game. If we stick with a back 3, play 3 centre backs we have Iorfa, Henegan, Ihiekwet a player who should be playing the Johnson role and stands 5ft 7"

for me I keep it simple, play your strongest team each game stop tinkering with the team. And please for the love of god play a striker up front Paterson will never be a striker.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Forwards need to pull thier fingers out and stick some in onion bag as of now they are shocking...

Take pressure off rest of team..

How many shots have our forwards had in these games be an intresting stat.

Apart from Sow's goal which he took really well..

I hope Smith comes in firing because we don't look like any threat up top at the minute..

Hold up play aside...

UTO.....

As a team we have had 32 shots with just 8 on target of those eight we scored 2.

1 was a penalty the other Barkinson header from close range.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

No-one has claimed to be an expert.  

But Wednesday have hired the expert to do the job, and given the resources too. Imagine asking a sparky round to rewire the house, and he puts the cooker in the bathroom, the fridge outside, and the doorbell in the living room.   You might question him 

Just about 90% on here would do the job differently to Moore according to the nature of the posts. If it was that easy then someone on here would be in the Hillsborough hot seat bit of course it isn’t.

We are a car crash of a football club and have been for 30 years but despite this the fan expectations haven’t changed and never will. No chairman or manager will get the time to do the job that is required and as a fan base we are all guilty of expecting things that no one can realistically deliver.