A tweet that’s divided opinion…

Guest mrbluesky

9 hours ago, markg said:

So why waste time saying it. Pointless. You'd expect more for the subscription cost.

What next? Football is a ball game. The ball goes in the net and it's a goal.

He was implying it was a game played like men should do, rather rolling around screaming after minimum contact etc .

If anything hes had a dig at mens football for all the play acting that happens

But I think deep down you already knew that 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, the monk said:

He was implying it was a game played like men should do, rather rolling around screaming after minimum contact etc .

If anything hes had a dig at mens football for all the play acting that happens

But I think deep down you already knew that 

there’s nothing wrong with saying what a great, physical game it was…and that’s how it should be 

literally zero wrong with just saying that 

instead he lets himself down with calling it a man’s game and should probably accept that sometimes intention and impact are different 

I’m not in anyway saying he should be sacked or whatever, but in this day and age there really is no need to describe smth as a man game

plenty of other words he could have picked 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

there’s nothing wrong with saying what a great, physical game it was…and that’s how it should be 

literally zero wrong with just saying that 

instead he lets himself down with calling it a man’s game and should probably accept that sometimes intention and impact are different 

I’m not in anyway saying he should be sacked or whatever, but in this day and age there really is no need to describe smth as a man game

plenty of other words he could have picked 

Incredible, absolutely incredible 

Do you and MarkG spend all day looking for something to be offended by ? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

Incredible, absolutely incredible 

Do you and MarkG spend all day looking for something to be offended by ? 

funny how I just shared my view on this one sentence 

the first person called me angry, the second person now attempting to gaslight

simply for saying the souness probably could have chosen some better words 

I've rewatched his comments and I am certain it was referring to some of the challenges being made. Also, noting the players were just getting up, not rolling around for 5 minutes faking an injury. 

If he had said 'It's a mans game' as a pundit on a womens match, or making a comment about female refs/assistant refs - then I would 100% be on the side of markg and McRightSide. I remember Richard Keys' comments about Sian Massey and quite rightly, he lost his job at Sky. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, katie melua said:

I've rewatched his comments and I am certain it was referring to some of the challenges being made. Also, noting the players were just getting up, not rolling around for 5 minutes faking an injury. 

If he had said 'It's a mans game' as a pundit on a womens match, or making a comment about female refs/assistant refs - then I would 100% be on the side of markg and McRightSide. I remember Richard Keys' comments about Sian Massey and quite rightly, he lost his job at Sky. 

get your point and yes I agree, hence why it don’t see it as some major issue - but one that could and should have been avoided 

intentional or not the inference is that if the game is played in a ‘manly’ way then it’s better than if it isn’t…and that’s a bit problematic IMO

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I will have you know, I'm very much team it's not that big a deal and we all need to calm down a bit. 

Exactly, so “bo11ocks” to a light hearted joke…

Im here for the sarcasm, rip the urine and I like to think a pragmatic sort of guy( sheeet! I identify as a “guy”! That’s me out!

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Exactly, so “bo11ocks” to a light hearted joke…

Im here for the sarcasm, rip the urine and I like to think a pragmatic sort of guy( sheeet! I identify as a “guy”! That’s me out!

tbf, it was worth it for you putting rip the urine lol 

Not a massive shock or suprise to hear him come out with this garbage. It was a crass coment considering he had an ex womens England International sat next to him.

It would have been better for the England womens team members past and present just to laugh at him, or take the pish..No point in being offended or outraged at an old ex pro using a ridiculous cliché .  

Fortunately,  dinosaurs like Souness are pretty rare on our screens, and they will all end up at TalkSport or with columns in the right wing press eventually.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4