A tweet that’s divided opinion…

Guest mrbluesky

This isn’t a Man V Woman issue.

I can see why it’s been called out because ultimately there are far better ways of describing the game than the terminology he used. He’s rubbish though and needs binning. Completely irritating in todays game.

Context for those who didn’t see it, Souness was describing how the game had bite and, players weren’t feigning injury, saying something along the lines of ‘it was a man’s game again today’.

I don’t think the comments were made with any malice, that doesn’t excuse the fact he could have expressed his opinion in a far better way.

• Like 5

Completely taken out of context. Would she be doing the same thing if the pundits at the Brentford v Man Utd game said it was like watching Men against Boys?

Don't get me wrong, I can sort of understand this day and age why this was raised. But there was no malice behind it at all. 

• Like 3

Can’t stand graeme souness, but he’s clearly stating that whilst watching the mens football. If he’s was watching the women I’m sure the woman commentator would state it’s a woman’s games. 

You literally can not speak anymore, people are always quick to point a finger at somebody this day and age. The story is all over Facebook and everyone is defending souness. Making a story out of nothing 

• Like 1

I think anyone who has worked in broadcasting or been a pundit over a period of time is bound to say something similar or on a par with this sooner or later.

As soon as  heard him saying I thought he would get criticised for it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he issues an apology later to his say he misspoke or was clumsy with his words that you suspect is a bit insincere and done for PR reasons.

Feels all a bit of a storm in a teacup.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I am sure he wasn't saying that this match is a man's game, for those viewers who couldn't tell.

He was saying football is a man's game which is completely out of order.

To me he was just trying to say the game was a more old fashioned type of game being a bit more blood and thunder than the sometimes slower tactical games that you can get in the modern premier league.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Mens football is a man’s game.

Women's football is a woman’s game.

I really don’t see the issue here.

So why waste time saying it. Pointless. You'd expect more for the subscription cost.

What next? Football is a ball game. The ball goes in the net and it's a goal.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, markg said:

So why waste time saying it. Pointless. You'd expect more for the subscription cost.

What next? Football is a ball game. The ball goes in the net and it's a goal.

Football is a man’s game is a saying that has been said for decades in the game, when describing its physicality and how players need to accept that as part of the game.

It’s completely different to saying football is a ball game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Football is a man’s game is a saying that has been said for decades in the game, when describing its physicality and how players need to accept that as part of the game.

It’s completely different to saying football is a ball game.

Ignite been said for decades and is well k no n the. It’s boring lazy punditry to say it. People surely can’t be happy with that standard of observation and insight?

it was hardly a 'disgraceful' comment, just because she wants everyone to always be recognising her achievements doesn't mean someone not doing so for a split second is disgraceful.

she would have got a far better response from posting the following video 

2 minutes ago, markg said:

Ignite been said for decades and is well k no n the. It’s boring lazy punditry to say it. People surely can’t be happy with that standard of observation and insight?

I don’t think people are neither happy or unhappy with it if I’m being honest…. Except perhaps those who go out of their way to be offended by this sort of thing.

I don’t find it boring or lazy either, it’s just a way some people in the game use to describe it’s physicality. Big deal.

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t think people are neither happy or unhappy with it if I’m being honest…. Except perhaps those who go out of their way to be offended by this sort of thing.

I don’t find it boring or lazy either, it’s just a way some people in the game use to describe it’s physicality. Big deal.

I’m astounded that people don’t find it boring or are offended that they treat their audience with such contempt 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, markg said:

I’m astounded that people don’t find it boring or are offended that they treat their audience with such contempt 

You honestly think he was treating fans with contempt by describing the physicality of the mens game in this way? Seriously??