A tweet that’s divided opinion…

Guest mrbluesky

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

not angry at all

just asked you a question (which is unanswered btw)

Well, you sure do come across angry. 

I don't know, the women's game doesn't have men playing in it. 

If you want to draw some inference between me suggesting that Souness was suggesting the men's game had gone "soft" and the women's game being "soft" (because it doesn't feature men), then that's your prerogative. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, you sure do come across angry. 

I don't know, the women's game doesn't have men playing in it. 

If you want to draw some inference between me suggesting that Souness was suggesting the men's game had gone "soft" and the women's game being "soft" (because it doesn't feature men), then that's your prerogative. 

think you’re projecting a bit there

just sloppy to suggest - as a major pundit - that football you perceive as good football is a ‘man’s game’

gotta do better there 

(Still not angry)

He clearly meant it in the context of tougher tackling being permitted for. I guess like many things these days, people hear a word or phrase, take it out of context and blow it up, calling for people to be sacked. Exactly what’s happened here. I wouldn’t personally use that term, but I have no problem with it.

I also think women could use similar. The one in the Euro final who called the German a ******** could have also said “this is a woman’s game” in reference to strong women versus weaker girls.

He certainly wasn’t using his words as a slight against women’s football.

For ages we’ve wanted less rolling around, less  whistle blowing for soft fouls and more of the cut and thrust that anyone over the age of 40 fell in love with as a kid.

Then the moment someone offers an opinion on a game that has all the things we love to see in English football, it has to twisted and turned into something it’s totally not.

We are fast becoming a world in which every word is being analysed in order to find something that someone will find offensive.

Souness was talking about the man’s game, and more specifically our own premier league and it’s noticeable change in approach to the refereeing of the matches being played.

If a member of the England womens squad finds that offensive then so be it, but does that automatically make Souness wrong?

The recent Euro’s were great for the womens game and hopefully will act as a springboard for more girls in this country to either want to play or watch more football. My daughter loved seeing the girls lift the trophy just as she did when the Womens side won the cricket World Cup in 2017. 

Let’s just appreciate both the make and female game without needing to seemingly find ways to point score against each other. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sourness is a top bloke. Brilliant player and very good pundit. I’m just glad he’s edging towards retirement as the lunatics take over the asylum. Football is getting dominated by some right old tossbags. Micah Richard’s is one of them. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

In the way that the rent a protest mob get hold of the issue/problem/agenda and blow things all out of proportion. 

The Womens Euros was brilliant. But let’s not forget the average attendance in the Womens Premier League was around 1500 last season. Equality isn’t the issue. Interest in it is. 

They’ve done well to get that crowd considering women have had to battle like hell to be able to play the game. Acknowledging that and wanting to use their achievement as a spring board isn’t being a rent a mob. 

You said it’s going the same way as racism. What way do you think racism is going? 

34 minutes ago, vulva said:

Sourness is a top bloke. Brilliant player and very good pundit. I’m just glad he’s edging towards retirement as the lunatics take over the asylum. Football is getting dominated by some right old tossbags. Micah Richard’s is one of them. 

I think Richards is equally as crap as souness 

Guest mrbluesky
33 minutes ago, vulva said:

Glad you said it!lol Joking apart I like Souness, took me a bit with him tbh as initially I just kinda switched off, but he talks a good game and knows his stuff. 

1 side he’s old school, not befitting modern football.

2 the other side, he’s straight talking and talks a good game.

6 minutes ago, markg said:

They’ve done well to get that crowd considering women have had to battle like hell to be able to play the game. Acknowledging that and wanting to use their achievement as a spring board isn’t being a rent a mob. 

You said it’s going the same way as racism. What way do you think racism is going? 

Sorry but ‘battle like hell’ is nonsense. Loads of local teams both now and before the Euros we’re and remain desperate for players. The equality thing with female football is a bulllshitt story perpetuated by those desperate for a cause. 

• Like 4

Guest mrbluesky

I thought to myself, 4 pages before lockdown lol

I cannot believe Neil hasn’t given us his thoughts yet,is he busy filming in Woodseats or summat?lol