A tweet that’s divided opinion…

Guest mrbluesky

Guest mrbluesky
34 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

This thread contains people saying ‘some folk just want to be offended’ all the while being offended by someone else’s opinion on the same matter 

quite interesting

Who’s that then? 

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

This thread contains people saying ‘some folk just want to be offended’ all the while being offended by someone else’s opinion on the same matter 

quite interesting

I dont think people are offended by any of it, annoyed yes but is anyone really offended on either side of the argument?

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think people are offended by any of it, annoyed yes but is anyone really offended on either side of the argument?

People want to cause hysteria on both sides of the argument, I’m sure Souness won’t use the term ‘men’ again.

12 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

People want to cause hysteria on both sides of the argument, I’m sure Souness won’t use the term ‘men’ again.

It's all getting a bit silly now that using the word 'men' in relation to men's football is a no no.

Sky now don't/can't use the term 'Man of the match' in a men's match, he has to be called 'Player of the match'. Is this due to political pressure?

Guest mrbluesky
58 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It's all getting a bit silly now that using the word 'men' in relation to men's football is a no no.

Sky now don't/can't use the term 'Man of the match' in a men's match, he has to be called 'Player of the match'. Is this due to political pressure?

Agreed, I personally think it’s been taken to far, there’s a line but this is nowhere near it.

On 19/08/2022 at 22:40, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Player of the game.  

I grew up watching that great Liverpool side of the late 1970s/early 1980s and Graeme Souness was one of my idols. Tremendous player and not a bad pundit either. Treats/treated each role with a no nonsense attitude and even though his comments in this day would seem sexist and out of touch, I think he was using the words he did to describe the type of game which he obviously felt was like the games he was involved in all those years ago.

FWIW I don’t mind the female pundits. Some are really good but even though the game essentially is the same, the styles and levels of physicality are very different in the mens/women’s game and TBH should be treated and regarded as such but at the same time with respect.

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Whatever. It shouldn't be an issue having a 'man of the match' award in a mens football game.

Easily solved, just have a woman of the match for obviously the womens sid 

Guest oneAtkinson
21 hours ago, Jim said:

I grew up watching that great Liverpool side of the late 1970s/early 1980s and Graeme Souness was one of my idols. Tremendous player and not a bad pundit either. Treats/treated each role with a no nonsense attitude and even though his comments in this day would seem sexist and out of touch, I think he was using the words he did to describe the type of game which he obviously felt was like the games he was involved in all those years ago.

FWIW I don’t mind the female pundits. Some are really good but even though the game essentially is the same, the styles and levels of physicality are very different in the mens/women’s game and TBH should be treated and regarded as such but at the same time with respect.

He was a dirty get that liked dishing it out but couldn't take it back at him. Thug even back then.

He broke Siggi.

That said, what he said wasn't wrong. Have a gander at Loose Women and disect their attitudes towards men. Then program wouldn't be allowed the other way around