Tony Pulis

Guest HalloweenJack

Guest HalloweenJack

This has to be done, what are people’s thoughts on Tony?
For me he is one of football's biggest personalities, when he is on one he is hilarious. The mouthing off on the touchline was a classic.
I think in his prime at the turn of the decade he was a brilliant coach. I think if he managed us we would have won a big event.

2 minutes ago, HalloweenJack said:

This has to be done, what are people’s thoughts on Tony?
For me he is one of football's biggest personalities, when he is on one he is hilarious. The mouthing off on the touchline was a classic.
I think in his prime at the turn of the decade he was a brilliant coach. I think if he managed us we would have won a big event.

‘Big event’! 
Whilst we needed a guy to put a rocket in the players’ arse, it was never going to work between him and DC.

Guest HalloweenJack

Perhaps I am missing something here but why the negativity towards the guy. 

So his stint with us didn't work out and the football was boring. 

He was past his prime when he came to us. Things would have been different if he signed with us sooner. 

Just now, HalloweenJack said:

Perhaps I am missing something here but why the negativity towards the guy. 

So his stint with us didn't work out and the football was boring. 

He was past his prime when he came to us. Things would have been different if he signed with us sooner. 

But he didn’t sign sooner… he failed here and has his fingerprints on the young lads going to Celtic (which benefited nobody in the end)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

But he didn’t sign sooner… he failed here and has his fingerprints on the young lads going to Celtic (which benefited nobody in the end)

It benefited the agent's who will have looked after everyone involved  !.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 10 or so games he was here were an absolute abomination. 

Did great at Stoke and there was some solid work at Palace too, but he was a disaster at West Brom and carried on in the same vein when he got here. 

Garbage football. 

Looking at his overall record he was a really good manager.

Had to start at the bottom and wasn't given a job on strength of being a big name player like some.

Hs second spell at Stoke was his peak years even though his football wasn't for the purists, although I guess Stoke couldn't compete with the big clubs if trying to out football them.

Think he would regret taking over at Wednesday when he did, club were a mess off the field and his methods by then were 15 years out of date.

You got the impression the players never took to him at all.

What he did at Stoke was pretty remarkable really. 

I mean, he just seemed to be one of those lower league, hoofball merchants who would do the rounds. 

Then he suddenly manages to get Stoke to hoof their way out of the Champ and stay in the Prem for several years. 

I'd put him in that sort of Colin camp of managers, and yet he managed to do what Colin never could: have a sustained run in the PL. He did well at Palace too.