A decent cup run would be nice

That Arsenal game was a great night. Traffic all the way up (I live 170 miles from Hillsborough) arrived just as the players kicked off. Incredible game! Drive back was a shambles with motorway closures we didn't get back till 3am and worth every second. 

Bought my Arsenal supporting mate with me and he didn't feel it was the best use of his time. 

Have to agree with the above though. League is the main focus. Rest some players if we get through great if not im not that bothered. 

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Sunderland had a deep cup run, then walked the playoffs.

We didn't win one knockout game last year and when it came to the playoffs, it showed.

As did Rotherham (all be it in the Papa John's) but it shows cup runs AND promotion at this level aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Given the age of our players and injury history I think although a cup run would be good to get some game time for the youngsters like Cademarteri and some of the fringe players I will not be that upset if/when we get knocked out...

The league has to be our focus this season..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTLiam said:

Not this year. Automatic promotion.

i'd take a 10 nil loss tonight for a 1 nil win Saturday.

That's how Cheltenham fans will be consoling themselves this morning

That 7-0 drubbing at home will be forgotten when they beat Portsmouth 1-0 on Saturday

Meanwhile Exeter fans will be cursing their team's short sightedness 

Last night's foolish 7-0 win has all but scuppered their slender hopes of getting promoted this season

And as for their opponents this weekend?  You can guarantee Cambridge will be laughing their socks off at the prospect

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That's how Cheltenham fans will be consoling themselves this morning

That 7-0 drubbing at home will be forgotten when they beat Portsmouth 1-0 on Saturday

Meanwhile Exeter fans will be cursing their team's short sightedness 

Last night's foolish 7-0 win has all but scuppered their slender hopes of getting promoted this season

And as for their opponents this weekend?  You can guarantee Cambridge will be laughing their socks off at the prospect

Don't really get you mate. Only result I saw last night was Mansfield 1-2 Derby.

Guest Wonky Owl

It only seems like yesterday your lot were lifting league cups. Time flies. Fact.:Chansiri:

You guys had some class players back then an all. Roland Nilsson, David Hirst, Charlton Palmer etc. Those were the days.

It's always nice to see a good giant killing in the cup but hopefully Wednesday can get past some of these minnows and have a decent run this year. garymegson

Anyway good luck SWFC. 

From a Manchester City fan. lol

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Agree on that one

it could well be the PJT that throws a spanner into the works of our promotion campaign. Biggest gripe for me when it comes to PJT is that we have to field 5/6 first team players but the EPL sides can field their entire U23 squads no questions asked. 

• Thanks 1