Wednesday -V- Sunderland - (LC , Rnd1) - OMDT

Very good all round tonight, yes it may have only been Sunderland reserves, but still very encouraging.

Cracking performance by Dennis. Bakinson looked decent and Brown looked like a different player.

Winning the 2nd ball...can't remember the last time we did that so much in a game.

And loved the time wasting sh*thousery at the end. Gave Alex Neil a taste of his own medecine.

Solid performane, defence looked more composed, midfield once again outstanding, 100% confident we have the best midfield options in the League. 

Sow looked decent, not a No 9 but a handy forward and an option, still need more up there though,. 

Guest cricket_owl

Honestly,  9,000 tonight was disappointing. And I didn’t think we were that good. Or, at least, Slumderland barely made us work for it. Top goal from Dennis, tbf. 

They made a few changes, but so did we. The fact we beat them so easy just shows the fact that we have a mid-Championship squad. It’s up to Moore now, to deliver on that potential. 

Rochdale at The Lady in the next round. Route to the semi opening up? 

Our midfield definitely looked a lot more solid and powerful tonight with two physical players in the middle, Dennis and Bakinson, instead of the usual lightweight Central midfield when Bannan is in there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our midfield definitely looked a lot more solid and powerful tonight with two physical players in the middle, Dennis and Bakinson, instead of the usual lightweight Central midfield when Bannan is in there. 

Why do people like you use a win to slag off our best player? Just completely makes my mind boggle!

• Like 4

I was so impressed with that performance last night.

The work rate was incredible; we won every 50/50 and pressed at every opportunity.

Dennis will take the plaudits, but I thought Pato deserves some recognition. He led the press and pushed us up the pitch. He gets a lot of stick at times - from me included - but last night he showed his worth. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pieman said:

Of course we can, it’s a long season. One thing it said to me tonight is Baz is no longer a 100percenter.

This is a good thing as well though. Firstly it means the other lads are coming good, secondly we don’t need to rely on him so much and thirdly he has to keep his own form going. 

Took my daughter along last not  as normal matches are usually too expensive for ne .

Yes it was half empty but i think for those if us that can't go very often it's always a special feeling.

The fact we outplayed Sunderland and scored two nice goals made or even better. 

Football isn't just about the competition or what team your playing. Is now than that and great memories can be made at any game given the chance

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I was so impressed with that performance last night.

The work rate was incredible; we won every 50/50 and pressed at every opportunity.

Dennis will take the plaudits, but I thought Pato deserves some recognition. He led the press and pushed us up the pitch. He gets a lot of stick at times - from me included - but last night he showed his worth. 

Same. Was really happy with our efforts last night. 

Players who perhaps haven't been featuring as much put a real shift in last night which can only bode well. 

Cam Dawson won't have an easier evening, the back three were all solid,  Palmer was terrific at wingback and the midfield trio were excellent and absolute bossed the game. Gregory showed his class before going off, Patterson works his knackers off despite the shortcomings and a very good cameo from Sow. 

Nice to get a little bit of revenge (of sorts) against Potato head. 

• Like 1

Very encouraging game last night good performances from Dennis, Barkinson look good but raw, Palmer was as solid as every and Iorfa got another 90 minutes into the legs, Dawson barely had a save to make. They showed good energy and workrate.

the one blip was the injury of Gregory came off holding his hamstring, which with Smith injured is leaving us very short up front. I would love to see us either start with Sow at the weekend or maybe push Bannan into a 10 that will then allow Dennis and FDB to play along side Vaulks or Buyers in the middle. Paterson offered very little as an attacking threat last night hence for me the change needed.