What a nice lad - Goodbye

Always had a lot of time for Wildsmith.

IMO he did a good job the majority of time he was called upon, it was when he got a run of games his concentration seemed to slip and mistakes were made.

I thought he was the better of the 2 (Dawson) when CD was thrown in over the past 2/3 seasons and should have probably moved on a bit sooner.

Wish him all the best at Derby, he'll have plenty of experience from his time with us playing alongside past it players after one last big pay day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wildsmith

"After 14 years at @SWFC, my time has come to move on. From joining as a school boy at 12 years old, to this summer it has been a journey that has had a huge impact on my life.

"It was a dream to play for this club and I leave having lived it. There have been highs and lows but I will take them all with me as I continue my career.

"I would like to thank all the players I’ve played with and all the coaches that have coached me along the way. I would also like to thank all the backdrop staff for all there hard work - it doesn’t go unnoticed for keeping the club going day in day out.
And thank you to the fans that backed me through the years.

"I wish the club the very best in the future! I’m sure I will see you all very soon."

Not the best goalie in the world but he wasn't as bad as some make out.   Hope his career progresses, will be interesting to see how Derby fair this coming season.    

You’ve just implied Wildsmith is rubbish, so the only interesting thing about Derby is will they avoid the drop !! 
 By the way I thought Joe was not only a good lad but a good pro, I’m sorry to see him go !! #uto 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well as its my implication the its for me to decide. 

I think you should, for future reference don’t slag players that have given their all to the club !!   #uto 

Joe has worked his socks off from a very young age while his mates partied 

Things have not worked out at the team he loves but he is a professional footballer, which in itself is an amazing achievement.

Good luck, Joe hope you have a great long career 

• Like 1