Worst financially performing club in Europe

19 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

There’s absolutely no difference between us and Derby apart from Chansiri is still writing the cheques.

With a global recession on the horizon don’t kid yourself that we couldn’t be in exactly the same state.

With the ground in a different company we’d be exactly the same car crash.

No point sweating on what you can't control.... Difference is DC is bankrolling us and we have players, so would you want to be us or Derby right now?

• Like 2

Do the fans actually realise the situation we are in?

We are overpaying players to come and join us

The stadium and hospitality is on it's ass

Fans fed up with chairman

Fans being told they can't have refunds

We have no player assets

Ticket prices still OTT

And the chairman won't go.........................

• Haha 4

On 29/06/2022 at 13:04, The coach said:

Why cant we achieve promotion with a prudent approach?? Isnt that what rotherham do?? Why do we have to pay silly wages?

But they also get relegated by not investing in the team. There is £5m extra for them in TV money and they wont invest it in 2 of their best players from last year.

Who says we pay silly wages? Might have done in the past but we let Luongo go due to wage demands and were prepared to let Hunt go over wages.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 14:04, The coach said:

Why cant we achieve promotion with a prudent approach?? Isnt that what rotherham do?? Why do we have to pay silly wages?

we probably could if we had stewart and warne  at the helm .......chansiri as got thru  6 managers since  warne took charge at rovrum 

2 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

But they also get relegated by not investing in the team. There is £5m extra for them in TV money and they wont invest it in 2 of their best players from last year.

Who says we pay silly wages? Might have done in the past but we let Luongo go due to wage demands and were prepared to let Hunt go over wages.

They got relegated and lost about a million and have jus5 gone back up..we got relegated lost about 25 million and didn’t go back up

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The coach said:

They got relegated and lost about a million and have jus5 gone back up..we got relegated lost about 25 million and didn’t go back up

They can put together a side capable of getting out of this league, but not staying out of it, their budget wont alter that much once promoted and thats my issue with us copying the same blueprint.

We need to think ahead and bring in enough players with the ability to keep us up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrendOwl said:

Do the fans actually realise the situation we are in?

We are overpaying players to come and join us

The stadium and hospitality is on it's ass

Fans fed up with chairman

Fans being told they can't have refunds

We have no player assets

Ticket prices still OTT

And the chairman won't go.........................

bring back Dave Allen that's what I say😂

Edited by akbuk

7 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

They can put together a side capable of getting out of this league, but not staying out of it, their budget wont alter that much once promoted and thats my issue with us copying the same blueprint.

We need to think ahead and bring in enough players with the ability to keep us up

Why wont their budget change much when they get promoted. There is about £5m of additional revenue? Why don't they invest it in staying up.

What happens to the money, where does it go. That is what I have heard some of my mates now start to ask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

So you think mat smith has been signed to keep us up if we get promoted?

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it was that easy then no clubs would get relegated?

No relegation is always a muliple of several factors, bad manager, bad players etc.

Not investing in players, your best players is, will almost certainly see Rotherham relegated. Personally, I don't  mind, but don't think we should be looking at their model for us.

14 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Why wont their budget change much when they get promoted. There is about £5m of additional revenue? Why don't they invest it in staying up.

What happens to the money, where does it go. That is what I have heard some of my mates now start to ask.

Promotion itself brings bigger costs players that were on league one salaries will want championship wages, most likely already in their contracts, extra staff for larger gates

15 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

‘Bring in enough players with the ability to keep us up’