Qatar - if we really believe in everything we claim to, shouldn't we all agree we're not watching this?

The world is absolutely fvvcked - we’re exhausting all resources, the rich are getting richer, tensions are growing higher between nations, there’s underlying social issues in our own country and across borders.

Footy takes that all away, I’ll be watching it as everything else is grim as f00k right now

2 hours ago, MF TAZ said:

What if England make the final 

I'm really not trying to be smart or edgy when I say I hope that doesn't happen.

Fair enough the country won't disgrace itself like it did last summer due to the time of year the final will be , but let's face it the last thing this country needs is Boris Johnson surfing a Xenophobic wave of football goodwill. 

23 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I'm really not trying to be smart or edgy when I say I hope that doesn't happen.

Fair enough the country won't disgrace itself like it did last summer due to the time of year the final will be , but let's face it the last thing this country needs is Boris Johnson surfing a Xenophobic wave of football goodwill. 

Ignoring political hijackings, I think we’ll go and win it, and in time it’ll be viewed as the disgrace it is. So England will be sullied by finally being successful. 😄😩

• Haha 1

The treatment of gay people in World Cup host Qatar has been described as "absolutely unacceptable" by German football official Oliver Bierhoff.

Mr Bierhoff told German newspapers he was unhappy that homosexuality was still illegal in the Gulf state.

Fifa has said all LGBTQ+ symbols will be allowed in stadiums during the event. 

But Qatari authorities have appealed for outsiders to respect their "conservative" culture.

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Good point 

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness if fans were to take a moral stand on such occasions, nobody would’ve watched the last World Cup after Russias annexation of Crimea.

As Scram says, just because you don't protest about everything,  doesnt mean you can't make a stand on this occasion. 

I see some fans are using the 'Well you didn't protest against...' as a reason to have their usual En-ger-lund lads on tour beano.

Not for me, Clive. 

14 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

As Scram says, just because you don't protest about everything,  doesnt mean you can't make a stand on this occasion. 

I see some fans are using the 'Well you didn't protest against...' as a reason to have their usual En-ger-lund lads on tour beano.

Not for me, Clive. 

I’m not actually saying that because fans didn’t protest one thing they can’t protest another.

I’m just pointing out how it could be perceived as hypocritical, especially given what the wests lack of action over Crimea has gone onto lead to.

Also I’ve no idea what an En-ger-lund lads on your beano is.