Watching the Lg 1 playoff final?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

we did play some good football at home. Complete opposite in a lot of the away games, sitting back against some really poor teams. 

True. 

Tbf, Sunderland played attritional sh*t against us. 

We actually played very well against Wycombe and somehow managed to only take 1 point off them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I agree with you Big D.

Both these teams stifled us, and were scared to let us play.

However Neil isn't allowing Ainsworth to stifle him, therefore Moore is tactically inferior to Ainsworth, who in turn is tactically inferior to Neil.

What sickens me is that we have the playing staff to beat either of these, and we're now looking at another season in the Third.

have to agree with that. Think Moore does show his weakness when he comes up against managers that are more tactically aware than him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

True. 

We actually played very well against Wycombe and somehow managed to only take 1 point off them. 

Agree with this.

We desperately need a clinical striker alongside Gregory next season. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

True. 

they did in the 2nd leg but in the first leg looked a much more attacking threatening side than us and we where lucky to come away only 1 down I thought. Agree we where very unlucky against Wycombe last season. I would fancy us next season to be top 2 if Sunderland weren’t in the league. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Deflect all you want, but are we capable of playing this open type of football? Or anything other than what we do?

No.

And we're still in league one because of it.

But are Rotherham capable of it either, Tewkes?

If Sunderland came up against a better manager than Neil, then they wouldn't be playing that way either.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

But are Rotherham capable of it either, Tewkes?

If Sunderland came up against a better manager than Neil, then they wouldn't be playing that way either.

The issue is the capability to change.

We don't have it. We play how we do and it works or it doesn't. 

There is no alternative.

Rotherham have a style that works to an extent against everyone, ours doesn't. I'd love for us to be able to llaylike Rotherham.