1 minute ago, Taz said:

Im just upset we couldn’t beat Sunderland at home and hold them off away 

why did we pick those two games to bumble about 

stupid fkn Wednesday 

That’s right, todays the day to slate our own side. Ffs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Harsh. I know people don't like some of their tactics but for the resources they have they do really well. Plus Sunderland were just as bad in that second leg. 

It is harsh, but fair. You can have limited resources and not resort to playing the way they do.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BridportOwl said:

It is harsh, but fair. You can have limited resources and not resort to playing the way they do.

Or you can have a great squad, tap it about and not even get that far.

If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Add it to the list - only had ourselves to blame as we didn’t turn up for either semi game..like the Huddersfield playoffs earlier.

..last time we did was vs Brighton away.

I thought both sides more or less cancelled each other out and it was much closer than the final ive just watched. Only really a mistake between the two in the end, but we didnt play well and lacked composure for the most part.

10 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Harsh. I know people don't like some of their tactics but for the resources they have they do really well. Plus Sunderland were just as bad in that second leg. 

Sunderland went full Wycombe at Hillsborough. We need players who can do the same if we want to get more results away from home and avoid shipping late goals.

• Like 4

Pleased with that result for a number of reasons.

Firstly, makes next year slightly easier in terms of competitors, secondly at least we lost to the eventual winners. Lastly, Wycombe play some very negative football, so from a footballing perspective, the right team won. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

If Ipswich don't sign too many players you'd expect them to be solid contenders. WE would be the same but it depends on the amount of churn we have,

Be interesting to see what happens at Derby too, I'm not convinced they'll be sorted in time to be a force next season. It's another big club in League One to contend with though ffs. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Sunderland went full Wycombe at Hillsborough. We need players who can do the same if we want to get more results away from home and avoid shipping late goals.

We had players who could do that.

Remember the ones who played during the 'injury crisis' and grafted to 7 wins in 8, keeping 5 clean sheets in the process?

Not proper footballers though apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Be interesting to see what happens at Derby too, I'm not convinced they'll be sorted in time to be a force next season. It's another big club in League One to contend with though ffs. 

Derby have lots of work to do, they've only got about 5 players contracted haven't they?

Takeover not officially done yet and  they may have similar restrictions to those we had in view of unpaid wages?

Important we get off to a fast start, while the likes of Derby and some others with managerial changes, (McDons for example possibly?) take time.to gel.

If we achieve 85 points again, think that should be enough for the automatic places. 

Glad Sunderland won. Proper club, good fans, and gets them out the way for next season.

No idea how Ipswich get to be favourites for next season. 

Derby are an unknown quantity until the financial issues are sorted. 

That’s a big price for MK so long as Twine is still there. They won the most points of any team in the second half of the season.

Portsmouth are likely to lose their 3 best players so not sure I fancy them.

As it stands, assuming we make a few good looking signings,  I’d put us as favourites but let’s see what the summer brings 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We had players who could do that.

Remember the ones who played during the 'injury crisis' and grafted to 7 wins in 8, keeping 5 clean sheets in the process?

Not proper footballers though apparently. 

I remember that. I remember dropping well over 10-15 points from winning positions also.

8 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Yeah, they might be a bit more like Wigan were at first and need to find their feet. It all depends on how soon they get out of admin and put a credible strategy together given that they dont even have a ground at the moment.

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

I remember that. I remember dropping well over 10-15 points from winning positions also.

We only dropped 3 points in 8 games?

We dropped no points from winning positions when we were grinding it out and pressing teams. We started dropping points when we started to play our normal tactics when everyone was back.