Watching the Lg 1 playoff final?

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

No.

It'll be staying right here.

In League One.

Because we decided to give up on effective football that won games and paid the price.

You really do talk some throw.

You've been spouting the same throw now for several months.

The football we played saw us finish 4th, a point above the side who eventually got promoted. The play offs is a bit of a lottery and they dealt with it better than us and the other two teams.

It's done now and we look to next season where I think we can challenge for automatic. But yes, you keep moaning cause you've got a hard on over Lee Gregory. It's pathetic.

Just now, SiJ said:

You really do talk some throw.

You've been spouting the same throw now for several months.

The football we played saw us finish 4th, a point above the side who eventually got promoted. The play offs is a bit of a lottery and they dealt with it better than us and the other two teams.

It's done now and we look to next season where I think we can challenge for automatic. But yes, you keep moaning cause you've got a hard on over Lee Gregory. It's pathetic.

I didn't bring him up in this thread.

I rarely do.

Every thread I post someone jumps in with the 'It's because you hate Gregory' thing.

I post about our tactics and his use.

I just said that we had a load of 'not proper footballers' in the squad who could grind out wins.

Which we do. They were very, very good at it. We chose not to use them.

I have been posting about our weaknesses for months, yes. Probably brought it up last year.

But when those same weaknesses are still there months later, to the extent that another manager can change his side and tactics completely to nullify us as he knows we have no way to mitigate those weaknesses, maybe, just maybe I have a point.

One day, maybe someone will come up with a reasoned explanation of why I'm wrong other than name calling and making it personal. Post not poster and all that.

At the end of the day, we tried playing tactics and formations that were originally designed with a combination of movement, pace or an big aerial threat leading the line, playing from the back ideally, but with a long ball threat if needed to relieve pressure from the high press and to stretch play.

Without that threat, that stretch, the formation has a direct counter that has increasingly been used against us as the season went on, which resulted in closed up, stifled play that was extremely vulnerable to the counter.

DM knows about it. He's tried to mitigate it.

Signing TJJ, NML up front, throwing Windass up front straight back from injury in the playoffs.

All things people have slated him for on here, but all things to try and make this formation work. Pace and movement make it work.

Why do you think we made a breakthrough v Fleetwood when NML and Windass came on. Why do you think we started to make inroads v Sunderland in the first game when Windass came on?

On the highlights, the man who scores gets the credit and looks awesome. Everyone forgets the ones who made the conditions for them to score.

You know it's right, you just don't want to hear it. So put your fingers in your ears and go to sleep knowing that your number 9 is awesome.

Sunderland fans are going to sleep in the Championship.

14 hours ago, brando said:

What a pair of shyte teams tho..we missed a real chance there,cheers DM..oh and for giving wildsmith another year but letting Hutch go..blinding ffs..

You had to think neither of these two teams looked  like promotion candidates. We have to scratch our heads. 

WW looked so limited but playing at Wembley curbed their gamesmanship and Neil knew he could beat them even if he sacrificed Clarke early  on in case he got outmuscled and he did not need to start with Broadhead no doubt for the same reason.  Pleased the guys who beat us prevailed.