Would you buy healthier stuff from the food kiosks at Hillsborough?

The problem with kebabs , at football grounds is the amount of preparation and the huge.amoumt of potential waste.

You have only got 30 mins before the game and half time to sell them.

You can't save salad and a doner roll until the next game. So the kebab would have to be pre packaged which I think  reduces its quality.

There's also an amount of skill in putting together a kebab our catering staff are young kids who are going to leave, whose going to constantly train the new recruits.

When you scratch under the surface.The numbers don't add up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geedee said:

The problem with kebabs , at football grounds is the amount of preparation and the huge.amoumt of potential waste.

You have only got 30 mins before the game and half time to sell them.

You can't save salad and a doner roll until the next game. So the kebab would have to be pre packaged which I think  reduces its quality.

There's also an amount of skill in putting together a kebab our catering staff are young kids who are going to leave, whose going to constantly train the new recruits.

When you scratch under the surface.The numbers don't add up.

Franchise it to someone who already has a kebab shop/ stall .

Keep a bar / service area open after the game. 

3 hours ago, sage owl said:

Franchise it to someone who already has a kebab shop/ stall .

Keep a bar / service area open after the game. 

Good point.

I can see why people hang around in the comfy hospitality areas, I think 20 mins after full time the North Stand would be deserted.

The issue is how many hours do you employ staff for and how much food do you cook  ( to potentially throw away ),  I just dont think it stacks up.

Once the match is over people can leave and go to better food outlets, cafes or pubs within a  few hundred yards of the stadium.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know the ones outside the stadium would be better?

Good question

Your right I don't know.

My assumption is that the independent take aways around Hillsborough with regular staff, who cook the same  food several days a week should be able to do better than stadium staff 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Geedee said:

Good question

Your right I don't know.

My assumption is that the independent take aways around Hillsborough with regular staff, who cook the same  food several days a week should be able to do better than stadium staff 

I had fish and chips from a well known chippie just outside the stadium the other day

Was very poor

Very poor indeed

Owlstalk Shop