Would you buy healthier stuff from the food kiosks at Hillsborough?

Switched to a healthier diet a couple of years ago, the only reason i don't buy food at Hillsborough is the lack of healthy options

the rest of the set up may be archaic, but that dosnt mean the catering has to be.

get it sorted

• Like 1

Personally think it’s all a bit too complicated the food offering at a lot of grounds you go to 

Chips, Burgers , hot dogs ?  Really any need ?   For me if am gonna eat anything in the ground it’s a decent pie … why don’t we just concentrate on one offering and get it absolutely bang on 

Get local butchers to take it in turn supplying top class product, all kiosk got to do is stock it up , keep them warm and serve 

On 20/05/2022 at 14:41, Owl-about-that-then said:

Not that I get to many games these days but it all depends on what counts as healthy. I'd buy fruit or smoothies or little fruit and oat yoghurts or something like that, especially in hot weather, but can't see myself buying hummus and carrots. To be honest 90% of things I've bought in ground have been for my nephew, for me I don't tend to feel the need to eat between 3 and 5pm or after 7pm, so it doesn't come up often, so kid friendly healthy food would be great. 

They would never  sell  apples or oranges  because they could be thrown on the pitch but they  might  get away  with selling grapes  or watermelon😀

I want to buy vegan food from

staff that know their pronouns.

Then whilst in the queue, I hope somebody walks past and makes a mistake - perhaps even calling me “him, he or Mr”. Then all of us in the queue can have a mass woke pile on and get the evil bas**** banned for life.

• Haha 3

On 21/05/2022 at 19:30, Royal_D said:

Personally think it’s all a bit too complicated the food offering at a lot of grounds you go to 

Chips, Burgers , hot dogs ?  Really any need ?   For me if am gonna eat anything in the ground it’s a decent pie … why don’t we just concentrate on one offering and get it absolutely bang on 

Get local butchers to take it in turn supplying top class product, all kiosk got to do is stock it up , keep them warm and serve 

…and they could get their delivery lad to deliver them to the ground in the basket on the front of their “sit up and beg” pushbike. 

On 21/05/2022 at 11:47, Marro said:

Get some healthy stuff for the woke brigade and some proper pies burgers and hot dogs for the rest of us!

Only woke nonces care what they put in their bodies. Real men have furred arteries and kidney stones. 

• Haha 2

No because I’d never buy food at a match, I eat at home or sometimes make a sarnie for the car if I’m rushing. Convenience food prices wind me up so much, and at footy grounds the price/quality ratio is about as bad as it gets.

That said, we should keep some healthier stuff on hand for those that do feel the need to snack. Shocking that you can only get pastry, chips, crisps, chocolate etc in this day and age. It’s a sports environment after all, seems odd to have all these community initiatives to help people exercise and stay healthy then serve that stuff back to them.

• Like 1

Not sure how viable it would be given time constraints etc

However., whatever you serve just needs to have the basics right. Good quality and if it should be served warm then serve it warm. Otherwise whatever you serve is a waste of time.