FDB - Injured or Dropped

I cannot see a definitive quote from Moore or a question ever asked. Obviously, has got forgotten about a little bit due to the huge disappointment and hangover of the latest playoff defeat.

Why on earth was he not on the bench instead of Kamberi?

We had Patterson and Berahino on the bench but no real cover for the midfield three. FDB only started at MK and got MOM weeks before, going from that to not even in the squad? Byers Bannan and Luongo all looking leggy did not help the fact that an obvious young CM with an engine to get us up the pitch was not even on the bench?

Hopefully he was injured because if it was a tactical decision it's up there with FF at left wing back and no strikers at Millwall.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

In that Bannan and Byers social media thing they kept referencing he is always late, so maybe something to do with this. Surely can't have been a footballing decision.

Most of us would have had him on the bench that game at the very least.

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I cannot see a definitive quote from Moore or a question ever asked. Obviously, has got forgotten about a little bit due to the huge disappointment and hangover of the latest playoff defeat.

We had Patterson and Berahino on the bench but no real cover for the midfield three. FDB only started at MK and got MOM weeks before, going from that to not even in the squad? Byers Bannan and Luongo all looking leggy did not help the fact that an obvious young CM with an engine to get us up the pitch was not even on the bench?

Hopefully he was injured because if it was a tactical decision it's up there with FF at left wing back and no strikers at Millwall.

Conspiracy alert!.

Young players can be inconsistent. 

Moore probably felt with Hutchinson/Adeniran/Paterson that he had enough cover in midfield and preferred an extra more experienced body in attack in Kamberi.

Still, I would've picked FDB.

Frozen Four

lol

I kind of get the impression Dunkley got frozen out during the season.

That was a real disappointment to me as he was clearly a threat at set pieces and comfortable on the ball.

That's life though, if your face doesn't fit...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

In that Bannan and Byers social media thing they kept referencing he is always late, so maybe something to do with this. Surely can't have been a footballing decision.

Most of us would have had him on the bench that game at the very least.

A late egg in the group, nothing worse 

• Haha 2

"Moore, who said that the rest of the squad are ‘fine’ ahead of the game against the Black Cats, did give some information on those that are either on the brink of a return or just got back"

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-injury-update-as-defender-returns-harlee-dean-and-josh-windass-latest-before-sunderland-3682083

7 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

"Moore, who said that the rest of the squad are ‘fine’ ahead of the game against the Black Cats, did give some information on those that are either on the brink of a return or just got back"

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-injury-update-as-defender-returns-harlee-dean-and-josh-windass-latest-before-sunderland-3682083

image.png.97f88859f1b5d92adc06e6cc49d12ade.png

image.png

11 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

image.png.97f88859f1b5d92adc06e6cc49d12ade.png

image.png

Quote from a week before;

“Fizz was taken out of the team because I wanted four attacking players on the bench"

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-fit-fan-favourite-was-surprisingly-left-out-of-thriller-as-sheffield-wednesday-breathe-separate-sigh-of-injury-relief-3670279

If he was on the bench would anyone have brought him on? I definitely wouldn't have.

We scored within a few minutes of the subs coming on.

Yes one of the more attacking sibs, NML should have tracked back but that is the issue of chasing the game replacing defensive players with attacking ones. 

It is football.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Revenant said:

Frozen Four

lol

I kind of get the impression Dunkley got frozen out during the season.

That was a real disappointment to me as he was clearly a threat at set pieces and comfortable on the ball.

That's life though, if your face doesn't fit...

Dunkley and comfortable on the 

On 17/05/2022 at 15:53, CourteenerOwl said:

Number didn’t come out of the Tombola machine. He’ll be back in next season. 

• Haha 1