Kick in the teeth for the inept Moore

2 hours ago, El Toro said:

Not just one player though is it? Shodipo scored goals and got plenty of assists for Oxford in the same league last season but looks poor for us as he’s a winger too.

Was it 14 at Oxford from the wing. Then Lewis wing he on last seasons performances would be a stand out player in this league . Its endless . The trail is over the jury has spoken its 12-0 Darren Moore is guilty of football criminality . Punishment your fired. 

• Like 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Boring small time mentality tell me a manager who hasn't lost two games on the trot, you are setting up impossible targets.

I've not seen us play well for more than 30 mins all season . Never mind 2 games . Its not just results the football and goal threat is dreadful . I believe in attacking stats touches in box etc we are bottom 6. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, prowl said:

Possession football is fine if you do it right, we don't. You need lots of movement off the ball to provide pass options. Our players stand still with an opponenent close by. If you train the defenders to bring the ball out you need to train every other player to move.

Our players at times look like the 'weeping angels' (Doctor Who)  so no wonder we draw so many....Cant understand why DM wasnt given clear instructions whilst we were a Championship side to not flip about,play 442 or 532 play 2 up front and attack and overlap.

We had the players at the time and it would have made more sense than introducing a new unfamiliar (and difficult to play well) systym to defenders with little confidence.(many of whom left at season close,so what was the point??)

More & more now i look back to last season and think we could have stayed a Championship Club.

I see next season being worse than this with players leaving(inevitable,already begun,) a new GK  needed in all probability,and no doubt a bid at some point for Windass,maybe Patterson too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blatter said:

I don’t particularly want Moore sacked but I do want him to adapt his way of playing to one that both suits his squad of players and adjusts to the tempo required to compete in League1.

He has more than enough players at his disposal to revert to the attacking 4-3-3 lineup that started the season.

Calls for his dismissal will continue if he stubbornly continues losing and drawing games with his current awful style of play,

Ipswich took action when Paul Cook didnt produce the goods and now have a new Manager in place,supported by a further transfer window to try to push on in the second half of the season.

Will they succeed? but they clearly are having a go by bringing in a new manager and new players...

To continue with whats not working in the second half of the season,will in all probability see us continue to struggle,and making little if any progress.

EXPECTATIONS on here have dropped massively  ..  from automatic promotion push,to promotion via the play offs(really? who really thought DM could out hink other hopefuls on the day?) to now 'within sight of the play offs'

Its FAILURE with a capital 'F'   and should be called out as such......

NO MORE EXCUSES, No more 'we will sort it on the training ground' 

NO 'NO MAS'...

STOP any playing it out nonsense,take BB off every set piece,get Patterson playing behind a front 2,and get the ball forward quickly,and crossed into the box at every opportunity.

Get the ball forward and win corners and free kicks,throw ins (remember how we played under Howard?)

Only thing now we have left to save the season  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, parajack said:

Ipswich took action when Paul Cook didnt produce the goods and now have a new Manager in place,supported by a further transfer window to try to push on in the second half of the season.

Will they succeed? but they clearly are having a go by bringing in a new manager and new players...

To continue with whats not working in the second half of the season,will in all probability see us continue to struggle,and making little if any progress.

EXPECTATIONS on here have dropped massively  ..  from automatic promotion push,to promotion via the play offs(really? who really thought DM could out hink other hopefuls on the day?) to now 'within sight of the play offs'

NO 'NO MAS'...

STOP any playing it out nonsense, take BB off every set piece, get Patterson playing behind a front 2,and get the ball forward quickly, and crossed into the box at every opportunity.

Get the ball forward and win corners and free kicks, throw ins (remember how we played under Howard?)

What's annoying is that most people even moore fans know how true this is 

It's so frustrating, but hey 'let's look at it and do some work on the training ground' and play exactly the same inane football again and again  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, parajack said:

NO 'NO MAS'...

STOP any playing it out nonsense,take BB off every set piece,get Patterson playing behind a front 2,and get the ball forward quickly,and crossed into the box at every opportunity.

Get the ball forward and win corners and free kicks,throw ins (remember how we played under Howard?)

Excellent post..

19 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Lets be honest it really doesn't matter who is in charge. The club is in a mess and until there is a sustainable long term plan we will continue to fail.

I feel like any efforts should be concentrating on getting the crack pot chairman out of the club first.

That clown will March us to oblivion.

• Like 1

Yes, of course it would be good to have a wealthy and wise Chairmen/Owner instead of DC but fans cannot really  influence that in any way.

They can though influence the much-needed dismissal of the inept Moore.

I challenge any SWFC supporter to come on here and say they think that Moore will get us promoted.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Lets be honest it really doesn't matter who is in charge. The club is in a mess and until there is a sustainable long term plan we will continue to fail.

there is truth in that looking at the long term,but that is not why we are failing now..

In L1.....

The reasons are very obvious......

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes, of course it would be good to have a wealthy and wise Chairmen/Owner instead of DC but fans cannot really  influence that in any way.

They can though influence the much-needed dismissal of the inept Moore.

I challenge any SWFC supporter to come on here and say they think that Moore will get us promoted.

People say we cant keep sacking managers,YES we can,until we get one that produces   ........  THIS IS DIVISION 3 & our results and performances our  dire....

This business even at the highest level is about results.......the rewards for failure produce income that most could only ever dream of...........

Thats why continued failure should not be tolerated.....

DM tenure reminds me of when Eustace(a much respected player) was manager     ....not a nice memory

WAWAW

Just now, parajack said:

People say we cant keep sacking managers,YES we can,until we get one that produces   ........  THIS IS DIVISION 3 & our results and performances our  dire....

This business even at the highest level is about results.......the rewards for failure produce income that most could only ever dream of...........

Thats why continued failure should not be tolerated.....

DM tenure reminds me of when Eustace(a much respected player) was manager     ....not a nice memory

WAWAW

The problem is that with every change of manager we drop a bit deeper, we lose time and have to start again (from a lower starting point).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

The problem is that with every change of manager we drop a bit deeper, we lose time and have to start again (from a lower starting point).

We are dropping anyway under DM cant keep using that reason,we were a Championship side when he took over,and he introduced a brand new style of play,to a team where many were leaving at the end of the season,where defenders lacked confidence,in the midst of a relegation battle...(I called it out straight away as folly at the time,sadly i was proved correct)

This season we have been dished up more of the same.....our season is slipping away(whats left of it)..

And now Bullen goes MMmmmm   why now? after all these Years service why now?

1 minute ago, parajack said:

We are dropping anyway under DM cant keep using that reason,we were a Championship side when he took over,and he introduced a brand new style of play,to a team where many were leaving at the end of the season,where defenders lacked confidence,in the midst of a relegation battle...(I called it out straight away as folly at the time,sadly i was proved correct)

This season we have been dished up more of the same.....our season is slipping away(whats left of it)..

And now Bullen goes MMmmmm   why now? after all these Years service why now?

That's how I see it:

If you are right, the season is lost anyway. So why not wait till the end of season?

If I am right,  we will get promoted this season with DM 

Our strategy to just change the manager everytime things get difficult, has not worked! This should be obvious by now.

Why not try something different - like being patient, giving managers time, developing youngsters and giving them a chance? Why not just try something else instead of making the same mistakes over and over again?

22 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

That's how I see it:

If you are right, the season is lost anyway. So why not wait till the end of season?

If I am right,  we will get promoted this season with DM 

Our strategy to just change the manager everytime things get difficult, has not worked! This should be obvious by now.

Why not try something different - like being patient, giving managers time, developing youngsters and giving them a chance? Why not just try something else instead of making the same mistakes over and over again?

I am with you on this question. We are forced to shop at the bargain basement and also as the clock is ticking. So, is it any great surprise that we have problems of square pegs in round holes ? Decent wide men that can't defend, decent defenders that can't get forward effectively. Then Urogihide and Shaw take the opportunity to display their wears in Europe. Add to this the spate of injuries in particular the loss of three main central defenders. So Darren Moore is under the cosh but to open a thread with a closed question 'Kick in the teeth for Inept Moore' is beyond the pale. Guardiola would have struggled with the hand we have been given. I am no too enamoured with our top ten placement but this is not and never has been a one season task.

There will be a turnover of players our hope has to be that our fortunes will change with a little more wheat picked up and some of the chaff being discarded. We have no purchasing power to this moment so we have to suck it up and keep our fingers crossed ! 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 2