Kick in the teeth for the inept Moore

18 hours ago, bobness said:

What's the point of directing such anger towards Moore? Has he shagged your missus?

He hasn't worked out, that's football. It's not his job to sack himself, is it? 

No it’s not but if there is vocal pressure on him it’s more likely to get noticed by people who have influence too ?

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

OK so who out of CC, Jos, Monk should have got longer? No one wants to sack managers only happens because they are failing with no plan to turn it around.

I wish we had one who stuck around for 5 years as would mean we have got our act together.

Sacking is not the end of the world for these guys as nice little pay off and  somewhere else after a feet up for a months.

We will never know now, CC would have been my choice and Monk was slowing the boat down.  Managers have to get the squad, then get them to gel, get their ethos installed into the club. 

We haven't had a manager come close to that since we left the Prem.  

Moore is only at the beginning of building a squad, out of any ten players if six are "successful"  at the club then you are working wonders.

He's not been here a year yet and we expect him to dismantle a squad, get a new one in, and get them too challenge for promotion, play to the highest level,  it's just not realistic. 

He's only at the first stage of getting a squad together.

Each time we get a new manager in we give them less and less time to prove themselves.

Everytime we sack a manager set the club back another season or two.

Time to start building instead of hoping we get lucky.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We will never know now, CC would have been my choice and Monk was slowing the boat down.  Managers have to get the squad, then get them to gel, get their ethos installed into the club. 

Moore is only at the beginning of building a squad, out of any ten players if six are "successful"  at the club then you are working wonders.

He's not been here a year yet and we expect him to dismantle a squad, get a new one in, and get them too challenge for promotion, play to the highest level,  it's just not realistic. 

Each time we get a new manager in we give them less and less time to prove themselves.

Exactly 

Most of the blades I know were gutted Nigel Adkins didn’t get more time at the Lane, I spoke to one the day they got promoted to the Prem… devastated he was 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

FWIW, I would have kept CC. Think the issue with DM is just looks a mess and can't see what he is trying to do. From the fans point of view, looks like he can't get players to even do the basics and seems to be zero motivation. Do think DC needs to get some feedback from experienced heads on appointments  there plenty around sheffield ie Wilko, even ask warnock on opinions.

While you are right that we do need to stick with someone, just giving someone more time doesn’t mean they will automatically get things right. 

I’m truth until Moore has had three transfer windows and two full seasons in charge we will never really know if he is the ‘right’ manager for us. But that’s a big risk to take if you think everything you’ve seen to date looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

Sticking with a manger is a gamble. Swapping managers is a gamble. 

And everything any manager does here is against the backdrop of the complete shîtshow that is the way DC runs the club. 

We are in a horrible position and the only way things will get better is if we get super lucky. 

17 hours ago, markg said:

So we snooks change our entire formation and style of play just because wolves wanted us to to fit one player?

Not just one player though is it? Shodipo scored goals and got plenty of assists for Oxford in the same league last season but looks poor for us as he’s a winger too.

17 hours ago, Jim said:

I think Moore’s here for the season. Had Lowe had not gone to Preston I could’ve seen Chansiri taking a punt on him but I don’t think there is anyone else showing anything to tempt him into making a change TBH?

How long is his contract for mate? more than a season i think and why let him bring in the support staff he has as well?

If he left now/was sacked that would be even more money wasted,etc....and that would be more of the Clubs finances poured down the drain.

To waste this season(which for any newly relegated Club is the best chance to get promotion) is sheer folly

Time after time i see lower Div teams trying to play the ridiculous tactic of playing it out,when they dont have the skill to do so....last case in point Swindon v Man City, Man City did it with ease and composure(as you would expect) even with a high press...Swindon?...

Well whats to add.....As to SWFC how many times have we seen this cost us?......how well have we done using 'possession' based football?

Your asking Wednesday fans to be realistic!

Give over😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

How long is his contract for mate? more than a season i think and why let him bring in the support staff he has as well?

If he left now/was sacked that would be even more money wasted,etc....and that would be more of the Clubs finances poured down the drain.

To waste this season(which for any newly relegated Club is the best chance to get promotion) is sheer folly

Time after time i see lower Div teams trying to play the ridiculous tactic of playing it out,when they dont have the skill to do so....last case in point Swindon v Man City, Man City did it with ease and composure(as you would expect) even with a high press...Swindon?...

Well whats to add.....As to SWFC how many times have we seen this cost us?......how well have we done using 'possession' based football?

Possession football is fine if you do it right, we don't. You need lots of movement off the ball to provide pass options. Our players stand still with an opponenent close by. If you train the defenders to bring the ball out you need to train every other player to move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Andy W
19 hours ago, Django said:

We have hit a new low in the last 2 weeks

2 pastings in the pub league and now MK  dons are a seen as a more attractive proposition for one of our loan players 

But they are a more attractive proposition...why join our shi!tshow?

I keep telling you all, do as I do and think of it as a really low budget soap opera that just keeps on giving month after month after year after year. It might be bleak but it’s never dull. We’re very much the Eldorado of football clubs, except for some reason we’ve never (yet) been cancelled.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

“Play to the highest level” 😂

We are in L1. A team made up of chicken nuggets could pick up points in this league.

I don’t particularly want Moore sacked but I do want him to adapt his way of playing to one that both suits his squad of players and adjusts to the tempo required to compete in League1.

He has more than enough players at his disposal to revert to the attacking 4-3-3 lineup that started the season.

Calls for his dismissal will continue if he stubbornly continues losing and drawing games with his current awful style of play,

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Its you who hasn't learned a thing, to keep constantly sacking managers is foolish.  You are part of the problem.

Let's keep the worst ever then. Really working ain't it . How low do you want this club to go. Did u watch or go to the last 2 games? 

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Possession football is fine if you do it right, we don't. You need lots of movement off the ball to provide pass options. Our players stand still with an opponenent close by. If you train the defenders to bring the ball out you need to train every other player to move.

Exactly..we play what I call training ground football,little contact,no pressure against teams battling for every ball,only 1 winner..

• Like 2